tmp problem or something else

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Charmed, May 18, 2006.

1. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Is anyone else experiencing problems with their tmp connection? It regularly freezes up on me and I have to close down and reopen.

Is it an error/problem for all or am I just the unlucky one at the moment.

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Apologies to you all.

We are experiencing technical problems at the moment - though on an intermittent basis - with our dedicated server connections. I have the engineers looking at this in some detail at the moment, but so far I am not 100% happy with their issue resolution service. They are certainly looking into it, but I am not satisfied that we are going to get a resolution as soon as I would want one - as this issue seems to have been ongoing for quite some time now.

I will keep you informed as to what transpires, but in the meantime please accept my apologies for the service disruptions.

I thought that moving to a more expensive dedicated server would provide with it an improvement in performance and service... it's actually costing me an arm and a leg this dedicated machine, but at the moment I am not getting the related improvements thus promised... :(
  3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Thanks John, I'll just have to be patient with this while you try and sort it out. I know it's not your fault. At least I now know it's not my computer going weird on me.
  4. markyboy

markyboy Member

Hi everyone.

I am having a problem at the moment which I dont know how to go about solving.
    Its the sort of thing I should PM to John but I dont seem to be allowed to do them, saying I cannot access this information, (same with going to a members profile).

I wondered if this was because I didn't change my personal email address when I should have done, but that is now sorted.

I have had the odd pm sent to me but my 'quota' seems to be only 2, so I cant reply.

Hope to solve the problem soon!

Cheers Mark.
  5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Mark - when you changed your email address in your profile you should have been emailed a conformation message - this is to check whether the email address supplied was valid. Did you get anything? If so, simply click on the link in that email, and your account would be back to normal. If not, post a reply on here and I'll sort it for you.
  6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Mark... Dyl is absolutely correct, you would have received an activation code with your new email address. I have done this manually for you such that all should be normal now. Let us know if you need anything else.