tMP Pontins Predictions 2005

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Keppler, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

*Amended*
    Corrected "United Co-operatives 2000 Brass" in 2nd section

2. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

kepps can you explain to me how this contest is supposed to work, as every time i click that link i just come back to this page??
    thanks...
    xx

3. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

there should be a pop-up shouldn't there?

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

No, not a pop-up, but a new browser window should open up for you that looks like the one in the attachment.

Attached Files:

5. laurz_oconnor

laurz_oconnor Member

make sure your pop up blocker is off before you try

6. Keppler

as has been mentioned, it does not operate by way of popups. If anyone has queries or is experiencing difficulty, feel free to send me a pm.
    Kepps

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It rather sounds like the problem I had with my old computer at work, which would not allow the opening of an additional window: have you tried holding down the "Ctrl" key while clicking on the link?

8. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

What happens if a band withdraws on the day or the day before? Is this taken into account on the predictions?

Just wondered!!!!!!

9. Keppler

How do you suggest this be "taken into account"?
    Entries can be changed at any time up until the contest is closed (Fri evening) - If you want to change your entry for whatever reason up until then, you're more than welcome to.

10. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Ok, thanks. Will do that.

11. bbsbb_babe

bbsbb_babe New Member

the higher sections tend to have more experienced players hence being older. what with the decline of music especially brass in schools, there are less players coming through and feeding into lower section bands. this is only my theory and i am willing to here anymore.

12. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

Is this in Internet Explorer by any chance?

My 'popup' blocker doesn't differentiate between whether I clicked or not, believing this to be a way around other blockers. So, popup or new browser window, my app treats everything as a popup unless I press control, or right click and go to "Open in New Window".

13. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Haydock aren't going. (champ)

14. laurz_oconnor

laurz_oconnor Member

okay then sorry

15. Keppler

Topic please.

Just a reminder that proceedings proceeding the proceedings close this evening.

16. Keppler

Woei!
    Well sounded like a great weekend indeed, and the tMP prediction results are in.
    We've a slightly unusual situation, in that our top 3 are all tied on the same number of points, so we'll just be in collective awe of them all, shall we.
    Congratulations to our joint winners, all on 31 points:
    -- jimball
    -- johnford
    -- rickcowens2005 (he's done it again)

Again, thanks for entering all.
    Kepps

17. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

We could aggregate an individuals National Finals and Pontins points to get an overall tMP predicoperson award for 2005...;)

Look out for the 36 months live awards soon eh!

18. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

aw - I only got back off holiday on fri and it wouldnt work when I tried to put 3 of the sections in. Never mind. Well done RC again!

19. god im good;) :biggrin: