tMP Pontins Predictions 2005

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Keppler, Oct 24, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Glyn - did you enter into the tMP prediction competition by clicking on the tMP Pontins '05 link in the top navigation bar?

2. Rob Palmer

Rob Palmer Member

Small point!

One very minor point,

I don't think the boys & girls of Jackfield (or the sponsors come to that) in the 1st Section will like being called (El Cock Reisen)?! The sponsors are Elcock Reisen Travel, a local coach company & not a Spanish Chicken!

Sorry, a bit picky I know, but.......

3. dyl

dyl Active Member

Not picky at all, 'pecky' perhaps..................?

I'm sure Kepps will amend their name soon. Ta.

4. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

*Amended*
    Jackkfield [El Cock Reisen] -> Jackfield [Elcock Reisen] in 1st section

Thanks for the update

5. lets see if i can win this comp aswell! come on you yorkshire bands this weekend! im flying back from holiday (malaga) sat night to take part in the 2nd section so we better get a prize or i wont be a happy bunny! come on Hebden for me!!

6. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Poor Kepps, they're keeping you working hard today! You're doing a sterling job don't you worry :clap:!

7. laurz_oconnor

laurz_oconnor Member

one thing i dislike about the predictions contest - you can't read peoples comments about the bands they think will/will not do well! pretty random comment but there you go :) x

8. sharpnote

sharpnote Member

You all know it makes sense to VOTE FOR FRICKLEY!!!

hehehehe

9. Glyn samuel

Glyn samuel New Member

Tried to load but nothing happened, perhaps it's a forgone conclusion and it does not need my prediction anyway!!

10. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Can we have a "Lucky Dip" button like the lottery :biggrin:

11. Glyn samuel

Glyn samuel New Member

I don't know how you'll do on Sunday, but I'm looking forward to hearing you on Saturday at Walto SA

12. madsaz

madsaz Member

Hi there.

Sorry to seem picky, Ashton Band realised in August we wouldn't be going (as I said on thread) .

Don't know why Pontins haven't updated their website - we certainly weren't in the draw. Some poor people have even voted for us!

13. Keppler

*Amended*
    Ashton-Under-Lyne sadly removed from Champ section

Anyone who has voted for Ashton, it's your responsibility to make another selection if you so wish.

Glyn, would you mind dropping me a pm with the behaviour you observed, perhaps we can sort it out for you.

Kepps

14. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Almost certain that Thoresby and Stockbridge not competing in Championship - can anyone from either band verify?

15. laurz_oconnor

laurz_oconnor Member

what an idea!

16. sharpnote

sharpnote Member

Thanks!! It should be a good gig!!

The band's playing well at the moment and ready to prove a point on the weekend!! I can't wait!! :eek:)

17. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

i know that my friends from Besses of the Barn will be playing in Championship section, they seem to be missing

18. Keppler

*Amended*
    Abergavenny Borough -> Championship section
    Besses o'the Barn -> Championship Section
    Delph -> 2nd Section
    Formby -> 4th Section

19. madsaz

madsaz Member

It seems Pontins have made a really poor job of amending the entry list - looks like they haven't updated since end of August. Sounds fairly dodgy, though does mean the pre-draw is not as much of a risk with the adjudicators, if they think bands are there who are not etc......

20. colin.moody

colin.moody New Member

United Co-operatives 2000 Brass are regularly being mis-named. Both tmp and Pontins have us down as 200 Brass, and 4BR keep using our old Normid name. Sometimes the Co-op 2000 and Normid names appear during the same article!