tMP on the go!

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by dyl, Mar 3, 2005.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

[IMGLEFT][/IMGLEFT] tMP On The Go!

Keep in touch with tMP wherever you are!

To help you stay in touch with your favourite brass forum - wherever you are - we would like to announce the latest addition to the range of options on offer at tMP. The tMP Mobile/PDA Skin does what it says on the tin - it lets you view and post threads on tMP wherever you are - provided you have a wap-enabled mobile telephone or a PDA, of course!

This option is ideal for posting contest results and draws 'as they happen' - as well as staying in touch with your fellow tMPers when you're away from the comfort of your computer screen!

To access the style from your mobile or pda, please use the following url: - granted, it's a bit long-winded, but once you've entered it the first time, you do have the option of bookmarking it!

We hope you find this new skin useful.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Alternatively if you know you are going to be accessing tMP on the go, before you go out change the style to PDA by using the tMP Style Selector at the bottom left of each tMP page. When you do this it changes the style so that the next time you log on (which will be from your WAP enabled mobile phone or PDA) it will use that style by default.
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

thats cool..... :D niceone
  4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I expect up to the minute...nay...second contest results now from those tMPers with...what is it...WAP phones? ;)
  5. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

I'm actually quite relieved to discover that this doesn't work on my phone! Don't get me wrong, I think its a very cool thing, but when I saw the announcement I got one of those "this is going to be expensive" feelings... :D
  6. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

Nice work chaps (all who were involved in setting it up).
  7. postie

postie Member

That's is a very good idea for all the TMP addicts out there!!!
  8. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

brilliant job on the pda stuff guys, 2nd man down will wet himself when i show him this at band tonight. we'll do our best to put it to good use this weekend at the yorkshire area's.

once again well done to all concerned!
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Better change that to 'after band tonight' ;)

Great! That's what it's there for. :tup
  10. jonford

jonford Member

It's good, bit too much loading and scrolling down on my nokia though, but wil be useful when iim bored and can't get near a computer!
  11. Neil Glynn

Neil Glynn Member

Fantastic idea, thanks to all those involved. Doesn't work too well on the new Sanyo phone from Orange though, pages are still too large, phone runs out of memory!
  12. TheMusicMan

I have made a lot of improvements to the tMP on-the-go style. Much improved I hope, please check it out...
  13. TheMusicMan

Now added a PDA/Mobile auto-detect script which will ensure the tMP PDA/Mobile style is selected when browsing tMP on the following browsers/devices;

Any offers of testers...????