tMP National Finals Prediction Competition - RAH Finalists 2006

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by brassneck, Oct 7, 2006.

1. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

[imgleft][/imgleft] tMP National Finals Prediction Competition - RAH Finalists 2006

OK, apologies that technical issues caused us to miss the lower sections at Harrogate, but Kepps has been busy behind the scenes with the tMP Predictogizmatron and we are delighted that we are now able to run this for the Championship Section finalists at the RAH for this year.

So... feel free to choose your top 3. Simple.

For those of you who have not been lucky enough to be inflicted with this before, clicking on the link at the very top of the page will bring you to the Finals Predictions Contest page, where you choose your bands. It's as simple as that.

Scoring wise, for every successful prediction, you will score 5 points. Furthermore, if you predict a band in the top 3, but out of position, you score 2 points.

The lucky tMP with the most points will be delared the winner, and be the object of awe from all other tMPers.

Have fun. Bands are ...

Scottish Co-op
    Fodens Richardson
    Grimethorpe Colliery (UK Coal)
    Black Dyke
    YBS Band
    Rothwell Temperance
    Reg Vardy
    Buy As You View
    Burry Port Town
    Parc and Dare
    Newstead Colliery Welfare
    Jaguar (Coventry)
    Mount Charles
    Aveley & Newham
    Staines Brass
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2006
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

No Midlands bands at the RAH this year?:rolleyes:

I think Newstead and Jaguar may be surprised?
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Sorry...!!! all sorted now... :) get voting!
  4. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Has any ever considered renaming it the "Yorkshire Invitational" ;)
  5. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

6. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well i have put my entry on to be honest any of 7 bands could win this year.
    i just feel so sorry for the 3 in the box its going to be very hard for them to sort out with the piece that as been picked as all bands will do a good showing of it some better than others.
    Im looking forward to hearing ALL the performances of: J.O.T.S.C:biggrin:
  7. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Would it not make it better and easier to judge if everybody predicted their top 6?

There is a distinct risk that there will be more than a few with the winning combination if only required to pick the top 3. My understanding is that a top 6 will be announced at the end of the day.

Just a thought.

8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

100% with you on this Igg:clap:
  9. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Done mine. I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be much support for Grimethorpe; after (by all accounts) a very unlucky result at the Open I wouldn't be surprised if they're in top gear in London.
  10. Delbert

Delbert Member

I agree Igg,

Top 6 would definately make it more interesting. Could the powers that be, amend the competetion to include top 6??
  11. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

The link at the top of the page won't work for me,:confused:
  12. Blagger

Blagger Member

or me........:-~(
  13. Di

Di Active Member

Me neither.

Please bear with us and we'll try and have things back normal ASAP.
  14. TheMusicMan

The issue we were experiencing are all fixed up now and you can once again cast your votes.

Apologies and enjoy :)
  15. critic

critic Member

done mine but think it willbe open this year. a lot more difficult piece than some imagine especially the opening section
  16. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

I agree that it has been underestimated.

My guess is that the main problems (that all the armchair critics will be raising afterwards) will be tuning and ensemble. There is a lot of unison playing which really is difficult no matter whether you are the best band in the world or playing in the fourth section. The competing bands will need to have a good soprano, horn section and lower end of the band to feature in the prizes. Unlike Eden last year, the percussion section will not feature that greatly but any errors will be obvious.

Still, 2 weeks to go yet. Seems an age since the Open.

17. TheMusicMan

Update on current predictions:

For 1st Place:

For the overall result:

Get your votes in !
  18. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

1. Black Dyke
    2. Grimey
    3. BAYV
  19. iggmeister