TMP Monthly Competition Prize for June

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Kari Anson, May 28, 2003.

1. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

As the prize for June's competition is a full set of The Bombasto off the generous Mr Roger Thorne, in the unlikely event of winning - do you think Wem (who already have a set and love thrashing through it) will purchase it off me??? :wink:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    TMP Monthly Competition Prize
    Roger Thorne
    Bombasto
    Wem
    June
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Hi Kari,

Sorry to disappoint you but they've already bought it off me! :lol:

What would you like to win instead?

:wink:

4. :p Now you really are asking for it Roger, you never ask a woman what she would like to win, you say:

"How about?" and give her a choice of two items!!!!

:p :p :p :p :p

No reflection on you Kari!!!

5. twigglet

twigglet Member

But Kari.......The Bombasto is such a wonderful arrangement, surely you'd just like a copy for keeps! (you can pay me later Roger!)

6. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

"just like a copy for Kepps" ???

why thank you Elin... that'll do nicely.. :D

7. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

In the unlikely event that I do win, I'll greatfully accept my prize of The Bombasto and then do my good deed for the day and donate it to another band.

8. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Lets face it Kari, none of us mere mortals are going to win the competition. I've asked Roger and he won't give out the answers in advance unfortunately, no matter how much I try to bribe him!!

No, I've resigned myself to the fact that the winner is going to be someone who is completely immersed in bands rather than someone who just enjoys playing in them.

Whoever wins will enjoy the piece anyway I'm sure (however, the trombonists may put a price on Rogers head after playing it up to speed!!!)

Here puss puss puss

9. HBB

HBB Active Member

What is this competition all about???

I'm confused ... must be the blonde streaks i've got from my mum!!

ben

<:?>

10. Roger Thorne

Definition of a quiz - I ask you a question and you try to answer it. Quite simple really Ben. :lol:

Just because the quiz has been set by tMPs 'Banding Boffin' (by the way, that was YOUR decision to give me that title, not mine) what makes you think that no-one will know any of the answers?

Who said the quiz would be related to Brass Bands? Who said it would be difficult?
    I know Keppler had a lot of trouble with the knitting question, and Rachel wasn't too good on the workings of the internal combustion engine! So who knows. Anyone could win this one.
    You may be pleasantly surprised!

Anyway, all will be revealed at midnight this Saturday.

11. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'm not that thick ..... just periodically stupid!!! :D ... and I SAW NOWT TO DO WITH A QUIZ ... JUST A COMPETITION! .... soz. 4 shouting! :D

and its not my fault ... it's all in the genes!! :D

I'm good with quizes ..... especially with the web on my side!!

Just listened to The Bombasto .... great piece ..... my favourite is Do-Re-Mi though!!

Ben ;)

lol

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    TMP Monthly Competition Prize
    Roger Thorne
    Bombasto
    Wem
    June
  13. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

DON'T TELL HIM THAT!!!!! He'll never get his head through the bandroom door!!!!!!

Puss Puss

14. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow is how an internal combustion engine works! If anyone wants it in grand detail then let me know :wink:
    I need to prove to myself that I am actually learning something from my Automotive Engineering course :shock:

But back OT, I shall be here, expecting our challenge at Midnight on the dot :wink:

15. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

how much detail will it be in????? I can explain almost every gory detail. thermo-mechanics, thermo-dynamics, and was it a petrol or diesel engine? (I guess we'll find out eh!)

16. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Somehow, after declaring our knowledge on the subject, I don't think that that will be the question :cry:

17. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

ahem........erm, I'm sure ther is a comment I could make, but I'd only get moderated!!! Didn't realise tMP was 'that' sort of site!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Le Sac chat

18. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Me neither Mr. B. Puss Esq.....

Hopefully the mods will wake up and return tMP to the haven of decency it really is!

(It does sound rather intriguing tho... :wink: )

Rach x

19. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

I'm sure I don't know what you mean Miss Cornetgirl. I am a pure and innocent person as anyone who knows me will confirm!!!! :oops: :D :D :D :D

Sache Katze

20. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Me neither, I was merely talking in terms of a internal combustion engine! :?
    I would never make a comment like that when I know my parent's read here :oops:

21. Roger Thorne

6 Hours to go . . . .