tMP Milestone - 7500 Members

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brasscrest, Nov 10, 2006.

1. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

tMP has reached a rather significant milestone - 7500 registered users :clap:

Attached Files:

2. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Great news!!! Except there are some people out there who, for one reason or another, have more than 2 usernames. Some even have 3!! :eek: You know who you are you naughty people!! :tongue:
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

So working on the estimate that there are in the region of 3500 bands in the UK, that's about 2 people per band on here! :clap:

(Nothing like a sweeping generalisation, is there?! :tongue:)
  4. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

Ah but then consider the bands from europe and ireland then u really cant go under the esstimate u have given! There is brass outside uk as well and people interested in it
  5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Goes to show I/we have a long long way to go yet :)
  6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Hence my sweeping generalisation comment! :rolleyes: :tongue:
  7. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

What about this if u just look at the uk bands there is 3500 bands with 30 memebers average u get total 105000 and there is 7500 that really puts it into perspective
  8. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Yes, you are right. Hold the celebrations chaps, our work here is not yet done! :rolleyes: :frown:
  9. TheMusicMan

The 7500 figure actually represents tMP user accounts and not true visitor statistics or page view statistics for these numbers of user accounts. I could inform you of another statistic i.e. unique visitors per month which is based off IP - but then I'd have to kill you. OK, it's not the 105,000 figure you mention, but half that and you're neary there.

As for the page views/impressions created by these visitors, well across the year, from quieter times (Christmas/August holidays) through to busy times (Regionals/Pontins/Nationals/Open) the figures range is 4 to 12 per month.....

errrrm, thats MILLION, yep 4 to 12 MILLION pages delivered by tMP per month - hence the need for a high performance, massive and expensive server !!!!
  10. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

At Pontins the "Master of Ceremonies" mentioned tMP and said there are at least 3000 members - think he understated a little!! - Well done though! I love the site! :clap: I had said to myself - if I used it regularly I would become a supporter - payment coming shortly then!!:tup
  11. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

That's an amazing statistic John. Do you have any idea how many of those hits are genuine visitors, rather than googlebots and spiders etc?
  12. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

I asked him the same question when we met it Birmingham a while ago.

It's my understanding that these figures exclude the arachnids and such - they're 'real' page deliveries.
  13. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

wow!!! thats amazing!
    i can remember back to the "old" days when we were celebrating our 500th member!!! so this is a truly amazing feet in such a short time.
    well done to John and his amazing team of mods:clap:.( and of course us mere mortals:p)
  14. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

or 7500/3500 = 2.14 tmpers per UK Band.

Appreciate that some bands have more members than others but it does raise the question - are there UK Brass Bands who do not have any members on tMP?
  15. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

I would say defo because there are many tmpers not from the uk im one for a start but there are im sure people from across europe as well and even maybe even australia it might be interesting to acctually do a survey and see where all tmpers are from i would assume maybe 80% would be uk but still would be cool to find out!!!
  16. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Yup I can think of a couple locally to me, so I guess over the whole country there are more than a few. So, you all know what to do - spread the word!

7500 registrations is quite an achievement in four years. But there is another, probably more significant milestone looming: that of half a million posts (currently on about 485000). Half a million eh? I bet John didn't figure that 4 years ago when he set this up!
  17. TheMusicMan

I certainly didn't Ian, I certainly didn't, I must admit that I will be a very proud man when this occurs - whis will be sometime quite soon, this will indeed be some accomplishment everyone on here can be proud of.