tMP looking for a new Moderator... fancy a go?

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, May 17, 2004.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Role Title: tMP Moderator for the Random Forum
    Effective from: 7th June 2004
    Closing Date: 31st May 2004

Role

With the phenomenal growth of tMP both in terms of the number of tMP members and from the number of active/daily posts and threads, tMP is now seeking an additional Moderator to join our existing Moderator Team. We would like to invite applications from anyone (at home or across the pond) who is interested in becoming a tMP Moderator for the Random only category.

You don't need to have a massive post count on tMP, nor do you need to have been a member of tMP for any length of time, but, if you're not already, you will need to become an active and participartive member of tMP, especially within the Random forums. Our posting rules are simple, we do not accept improper or inappropriate behaviour - period, and as tMP pride ourselves in being a family friendly forum, we are looking for someone who will work tirelessly to uphold this high standard. We are looking for someone who is fair, pragmatic, level headed, and who can act decisively when necessary to maintain the professional levels of moderator support that has become synonymous with tMP.

You will be expected to maintain the high standards within Random, and to visit the forum regularly in order to achieve this. The current moderators will still be looking after this forum with you, but we do need an additional person to assist in managing the category. Sometimes it is not easy, and we do have rules and processes that need to be followed to ensure fair play for everyone and on times you may have to make difficult decisions.

The position is renewable on an annual basis and if you are interested, you will be expected to commit to undertaking the role for a period of 12 months. Due to the nature of the position, you will also need to be over 18 years of age on 7th June 2004.

If you are interested in applying for this voluntary position with tMP, and want to be an integral part of the best and most vibrant online banding community on the internet, please send an e-mail before 31st May 2004 to john@themouthpiece.com explaining why you are interested, how you could help and what you would bring to both tMP itself, and the tMP moderator team.

Many thanks for your interest.

John & the Team

2. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

oooh, i think i'll apply for this one!

and Bmb should as well!!

kate x

3. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

May the best applicant wi, have good typing skills and access to VERY strong coffee!! Reading every post is gonna take you well into the night!!!

4. TheMusicMan

Our thanks to everyone who has registered an interest in this position with tMP - we were surprised at the high number of people interested in becoming a tMP Moderator and are very grateful to everyone who applied.

We are currently determining the new Mod and will make an announcement within a few days.

John

5. TheMusicMan

Hi All,

I am sure most of you may be aware that we have recently been looking for a new tMP Moderator for the Random category.

We are very grateful to those who expressed an interest in this new Moderator position, and were quite honestly astonished at the number of tMP'ers interested, however after a long debate we have now made a decision and have appointed a new theMouthPiece.com Moderator.

Please offer your support and extend a huge welcome to our new theMouthPiece.com Moderator who is ...

• Neil Twist
    Neil will have responsibility for Moderating the Random Topics category as from 12th June 2004.

Please remember that you can also continue to contact Roger, Ian, Neal or Rachel, Dyl, Peter (or indeed myself) with any queries you might have regarding posts or threads on theMouthPiece.com - we are all still here to help.

The role of Moderator is usually a very interesting and stimulating responsibility, but sometimes it can also be quite difficult and frustrating and tMP's Random category is one of the tougher categories to manage. Please help me to help you by co-operating as much as possible with the Moderators when asked to do so. Please don't forget that all Moderators are volunteers and have agreed to undertake these significant additional responsibilities in their own time.

I am sure you will all join me in offering support to Neil in his new tMP role:D

John

6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

WHOOHOO! :D

Well done Neil!

7. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

nice one neil! :D

im sure ull be gr8 at it!

8. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

nice one neil

9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Many Congrats Neil, keep the standard as high as it has been.

10. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Well done indeed, Neil! 8) 8)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    tMP moderator team
    tMP pride
    number of tMP members
    participartive member of tMP
  12. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

thanks for all your support! I will be upholding the high standards, but please remember, I am a person too!

13. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

no more drunken posting at 3am mr twist! You have responsibilities now!

well done matey! :D

14. TheMusicMan

... :shock: really......? with a pink growth ON your head, and an even more perculiar looking growth coming OUT of your head!!

:lol:

15. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Congrats Neil! I'm sure you'll do a ...ahem... great job!

Seriously! :lol:

16. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

I was thinking that to and that he would need to change his avatar for something more serious....... :lol:

Seriously - well done Neil, you'll do a great job! 8)

17. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

are you saying me in a pink hat at Children in Need isn't a serious avatar?!

18. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Anarchy in the Random Chat and Off-Topic methinks!!

19. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Well done Neil, with all the time you spend there, they couldn't have picked a better.....

Hang on, this means I DIDN'T get the job!!!!! This Sucks !!!!!:p

lmao, just kidding. Work hard, and be good to your mother

20. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Good on you Mr Twist! A top, top choice!

Good luck in your new 'post' ;-)

Cheers

21. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Congrats Neil.

May your first job be 'to ban DP's worst puns....' :wink:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    tMP moderator team
    tMP pride
    number of tMP members