tMP logo???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by yonhee, Jul 4, 2005.

1. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Why's the tMP logo thing at the top of the page gone american?
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Do you know what date it is today...? check the tMP announcement on the main page.
  3. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Haha well done lad, American day of independence, 4th July, America free from British tyrannical grasp etc...:hi
  4. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

haha she ain't gunna like you jingleram :tongue: yonhee is a girly wirly girly girly not a lad :tongue:
  5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Better yet..the day the Brits rid themselves of the American Colony that otherwise would have been doomed to get them in trouble with global warming, etc... no that colony getsthem own selves in enough trouble!!!
  6. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Well you voted for him...... ;)

Kyoto agreement? What Kyoto agreement??
  7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Totally restores your faith in the British Educational system doesn't it? :(

Maybe Somebody ought to explain that it wasn't Will Smith that fought us off either, just in case there's still some confusion!! ;)

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It was Ian Smith, wasn't it :?: ;) :shock:
  9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Ooooh! Well why would they tell us its independence day Crawf?
  10. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Well I think you ought to find out who they are celebrating independance from and then you might know why it would be relevent to teach it in British schools.

I know they taught it when i was at school
  11. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Who were they celebrating independence from?
    If we'd had geography then we probably would have learnt about it, he's obsessed with stuff like that...
  12. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Yeah what is the obsession with people on here thinking Im a boy? :frown: :confused:
    Well three people...
  13. Cornishwomble

Oh dear :roll:

Try this link Independance Day

And this Declaration of Independance

Both from Encarta

Might enliven you, I think it's more relevant to History than Geography!!!
  14. rutty

rutty Active Member

Oddly enough, I think there are plenty of Americans that also have no clue as to who they won Independence from. A friend of mine was in Boston over the 4th July celebrations and he said to his Taxi driver something along the lines of "not a good time to be English in Boston on July 4th" - the driver didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

That's only one example I suppose - there are plenty of people over there that do know.
  15. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I think the general ignorance today of some of our most relevant history is shocking, and yes I blame the curriculum.

Also, why all the Trafalgar commemorations?? The 200th anniversary isn't until October!!
  16. Cornishwomble

If you thought the weather was bad last week, believe me it would have been even less fun at that time of year on the Solent especially with all of the boats involved