tMP Grand Annual Dinner and Dance Mega Blowout type thing...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by WoodenFlugel, Jun 30, 2004.

tMP Grand Annual Dinner and Dance Mega Blowout type thing...

1. Wild Horses couldn't drag me away!

2. Er...I'm washing my hair that night

3. What does Annual Mean?

1. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Fellow tMPer's!

After long and protracted negotiations on msn between icklesop and myself we have decided to organise a Grand Dinner / Dance for all tMPer's (why am I doing this?)

It's early days yet but we're thinking of something along the lines of:

A "proper" sit-down meal
    A massive party afterwards :D

We're seeing this as being a sort of Grand Ball for tMP'ers, so it's all going to be sparkly dresses and dinner suits. The blokes can even wear the suits if they wish :shock: Oh Lynchie - no lip gloss OK? :? (Bex asked me to put that)

The location is likely to be in the dreaming spires (or should that be smoking chimneys) of Birmingham.

It is very early days, and like all the best ideas this one is still a bit half-baked :D .
    So firstly we need to know if you're interested.
    Then, are there any of you who know of anywhere we can hold this? We have a few ideas but could do with some recomendations.
    Then, we need to sort out a date. At the moment we just want to hear if your interested, and any (helpful) comments. Between us then we will post here as things progress.

I've made this a poll so we can have a quick snapshot of interest. But you're posts are most welcome :)

Mods: any chance of making this a sticky?
  2. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

god yeh!!

maybe an xmas thing (wen ive passed my test)

excited now!!

kelly x
  3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Count me in!!

(I wonder how many will reply to this with "a-one, two, three, four..." (naming no names Peter Bale!!) :wink: :roll:

Brum to Huddersfield is a hell of a taxi fare home tho! Could we get a block tMP booking at a local Travel Inn do you think?
  4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I'm up for it :D
  5. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Interested? Yes!!
    Available? Nope........
  6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'm very interested. Birmingham sounds like a perfect location!!
    I'll need to sort out a date too...last two formals I asked my wife to she turned me down :cry:
  7. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Problem solved, take someone else's wife!! Your wife will suddenly realise what she's missing out on and want to join you!
  8. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

lol :lol:
  9. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

I'll come....if I'm allowed to take Mrs BBCbariUSA :wink:
  10. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

ill be there
  11. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

ooo a chance to wear my sparkly dress! hmmm.... actually, maybe not... anyway, I'm sure we could all mass book into one of the hotels from the CiN event, especially if we can get a decent night porter again!

I might be there, I'll have to think about it... might still be hiding under a rock...
  12. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I've made this a "sticky" as requested.

I'd definitely be interested and Birmingham would suit me, having my parents in Coventry.

Not sure whether Christmas time is a good idea, though, as for many bands it is a very busy time, and we wouldn't want too many tMPers being castrated for pulling out of band engagements :shock: :wink: :lol:
  13. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

get a date sorted and I'll get an answer... but sounds like a good idea :)
  14. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

September would be good for me, I have pretty much sod all to do all month in september...
  15. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

What about November? It can be tmps 2nd birthday party. I'll supply the birthday cake
  16. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Sounds like a good idea. :D

Maybe a group transport thing from Huddersfield may be in order as well as a group hotel booking.

Depending on date. Count me in too. :D
  17. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I'd be up for it, as it's close to Nottingham!
    Give me details and I can give a more definate answer! :roll:
  18. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Oooh, yeah, sounds like a good idea!!!!

Ideal date - when there are no band contests coming up, and away from the summer/christmas season when we are all likely to have band concerts! Oh, and when I've past my driving test!! Or we could always organise a bus if enough of us Cornish people decide to go!! Don't see much interest from them so far...hellooo?!! :D :D
  19. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I'm here, and going if you are!

why is cornwall so far away from anywhere?! :cry:
  20. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Ah, there's one!! So we can book a bus for two?!