tMP Finals Prediction Competition

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Keppler, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Righto tMPers, with the British National Finals approaching at a rate of knots, it's prediction time again. We'll be running the tMP Finals Prediction Contest in much the same format as we tried for the Areas in March/April, accepting entries right up to the big weekend, so ye can all research who's in form, and who's likely to shine.

The Contest can be reached from the top Blue Bar! ^^^^^

For those of you new to tMP, or who were just asleep earlier in the year, here's a quick recap of the rules.

• In each section (1, 2, 3 & 4), tMPers select 3 bands in an attempt to predict 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
    • For each correctly placed band, 5 points will be awarded.
    • A band predicted in the top 3, but in the wrong place, will net the lucky tMPer 2 points.
    • 4 sections give a total of 60 possible points up for grabs
    • The tMPer with the highest total when all results are in will be declared the winner.
    • In the case of ties, we will differenciate by correctly-placed bands.

Eg. In the 2nd section, Keppler (not knowing much about bands, so don't think this is a hot tip - although it may well be) predicts: 1.Kilmarnock 2.Felling 3.Barrhead
    When the results come in (1. Llanrug, 2. Felling, 3. Kilmarnock) he has scored 0 points for Barrhead, 5 for Felling, and 2 for Kilmarnock. Simple

Enjoy, and if ye have any technical problems, give us a shout.
    Have fun

Disclaimer: tMP team has final call on all matters regarding the tMP Finals Prediction Contest. Bribes may or may not be accepted Blah blah blah...
  2. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Are you going to be doing a graph thingummy showing where our predictions place the bands??
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Is there another link to go to the competition, as my computer won't let me pick up the link at the top of the page :?: :shock: :(
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Peter

You can get it here too....

Kepps: snip - sorry to jump on your post John, but the link you gave won't work. Please try the blue bar people, and get onto me if ye have problems...

5. Keppler

If anyone is having similar problems, I suggest that you check your firewall settings to see if scripts are blocked for tmp.
  6. Keppler

Yes, we have done - and can be found here
  7. groovy

groovy Active Member

Well I've had a go - picked 3 random bands in each section!
  8. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Sorry to ask such a stupid question but where is the link in the blue bar above ?

I can see the area comp and composers comp but not a finals comp !
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Following the move from phpBB to vB this competition is currently unavailable, but we hope to have it back asap. Will announce when it's back up and running.
  10. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Any updates on this?

See 4barsrest have the coverage coming up tonight, but as Harrogate 2005......hmmmmm...
  11. dyl

dyl Active Member

I wonder what they'll have to say about us then? ;)
  12. Steve Nicoll

Steve Nicoll Member

I've done my predictions but I am NOT predicting my own section !!
  13. Heather

Heather Member

Where do we put our predictions then??
  14. Keppler

see the link in the link bar at the very top of the page...

Attached Files:

15. PeterBale

There doesn't seem to be a link on the "Forums Home" page, but there is on the Portal if you look there.
  16. dyl

dyl Active Member

I can see it fine Peter. Checked the 'default' skin and it's there too - albeit in blue text - which might explain why you can't see it?
  17. Heather

Heather Member

Thanks for your prompt reply, as ever!
  18. PeterBale

You're right dyl, it is there but I can't see anything at all - only shows up when I run the cursor over it :shock:
  19. Keppler

will fix this later on!
  20. Keppler

Ok, ok, I'll get to it a wee bit later on..

The link is there, just a bit hard to see (I'll fix it later on)

However, I will be closing the predictions tomorrow evening, so those of you who haven't entered, DO SO NOW! :D

ps. best of luck to those lucky enough to be playing ;)