tMP Contest

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by JessopSmythe, Nov 23, 2003.

What dya think about a tMP contest

1. I'd love to take part

2. Might not want to play but it's a good idea

3. What a load of *beep*. Thats a 1 am in the bar idea if I ever heard one

1. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Just an idea I was floating over a few pints with Bigmamabadger after the CiN event.

How about forming a number of tMP bands, one representing each contesting area and having a bit of fun at our own entertainments contest?

Needs a bit of work but I'm sure it's feasable.
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

now that does sound like fun
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Bagsy conducting the tMP band from the Yorkshire Region!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

hmm... sounds interesting...
  5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I reckon our North West lot could take you anyway!
  6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

wouldnt you be conductingWem.........oops sorry the midlands band :lol:
  7. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

I'm sure with Roger at the helm we could quite easily whip a few other regions asses! :lol:

Sounds like a good idea to me...
  8. SammyT

SammyT Member

I am up for that - come on your midlanders!!
  9. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

As a non contesting member of TMP would that have to mean I would need to register somewhere? Excuse my ignorance but the last time I was registered with a band was back in blah blah 80 something :!: :!:
  10. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Yep. I'll quite happily represent the Midlands. Brass Bands are probably the only thing I don't want Yorkshire clubs to win!
  11. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Like I said, some details would need working on, but I reckon that between us we could work something out.
  12. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Just to let you all know the team have already taken the idea on board and are already making plans!

13. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

may I suggest that it would be members only, and official registration with the registry would not be required.

also, how about a gala concert style band/10 piece/quintet doing something as a gala concert type thing?
  14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

here we go again...
    il put myself in as long as it is between april - september and not outside ;) im sure doran will agree!
  15. Di

Di Active Member

Yep, Vicki and I can join in for the Midlands (as long as it doesn't clash with prior engagements!) :D :D
  16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

by the way, are we doing it by region lived in, or region you play in?
  17. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

Sounds like fun.
  18. Di B

Di B Member

Or if not a contest, how about a proms concert (2nd half fancy dress essential!) with money from the door going to charity?

Just thinking that proms concerts are always a scream, everyone knows the pieces, and the audiences appreciate them!
  19. Di

Di Active Member

Does tMP have enough NYBBG and/or NYBBS/NYBBW members, (ex, current or pending) to create a band/s to enter this contest :?:
  20. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Id drag my bone out for a contest like this (Representing Scotland naturally). Great idea if it could work.