tMP Brass - The First Rehearsal

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cornetgirl, Jun 10, 2003.

1. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Well, last night, tMP Brass met for the first time to practice for the Whit Friday marches - so I thought it merited a mention!

Led by the enigmatic Mr. Mute (wearing a wrongly spelt fashion statement, forgot to point that out DL!), a goodly crew played their hearts out for 2 hours - and finished with some wonderful marching :wink: (you needed to be there...)

It was lovely to meet a few people and put faces to usernames - Geordiecolin looked nothing like I expected!!!

Sparkly lived up to her name, supersop is a very good Bb player despite his protests, NeilTwist didn't enter with pint in hand which confused us all somewhat, and everyone realised I look nothing like Beaker!

Roll on Friday!

Rach x
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

HERE HERE, i cant wait. thurouly enjoyed myself. bit tired wen i got home but it was well worth it, even if it was for the lesson in marching!! you definatley had to be there!!
    see ya all on friday
  3. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

I was wearing my O'Neill's 'Drink' top. thought that might give it away, but unfortunately I only realised that I was wearing my jacket after I sat down! oh well, thought it may be a bit wrong to turn up drunk to the rehearsal on a trombone i'd never played on before, reading a different clef, and on a bass trombone mouthpiece!

things will be different on friday...
  4. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Hot out of the 'digital darkroom' are the exclusive rehearsal photos!

Apologies for the quality, but I turned the flash off so as not to distract from the concentrated effort.

There was too much 'camera shake' on the marching pics (due to laughing) :lol:

5. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I think it must have been the band's fantastic sound which made the camera shake! I enjoyed the rehearsal and the chance to meet some of the faces to go with the names. Hopefully there will be more opportunities to talk on Friday.

You would all have been proud of the way in which I refrained from mentioning Wigan's most recent demolition of the once mighty 'Saints' to Neil, in the interests of band unity.

Roll on Friday. See you all in Uppermill. Hopefully any tMP members who are out with their own bands will come and say 'hello Mr Mute, you look thirsty...'

6. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

watch out for me and il watch out for you :)
  7. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Get Colin to buy you a pint and you will earn more glory than any of the prizes for the marches. I am planning to do a sympathetic drinking campaign. Will be thinking of the band when I have year 10 bottom set last lesson on Friday.
  8. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

See you all on the route, we have our strongest band ever this year :bounce
  9. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

lol well people dont generally expect him to have 2 heads! hehe just kidding

Yes exactly!

yes that surprised me too especially as when I offered to buy him a pint in the pub after he turned it down! :shock:

well that would have been quite worrying!
    yep....... 3 days to go!!
  10. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

See you on Friday Rach, NCT are playing Ravenswood and Carlton Brass the Contestor.Take no prisoners !!!
  11. sparkling_quavers

oooo we are playing ravenswood as well.... will probably cya around... i seem to recall you owe me a drink or 2!
  12. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Catch me first :hammer
  13. sparkling_quavers

I don't think I would need to do much running.... you would easily get distracted by the next pub! :lol:

Anyway to get back on topic!

Thanks for everyone for the rehearsal last night. I think it went pretty well. It was cool to meet up with some people and I am sure we will get the chance to have a proper natter on friday...

cya all then! :D
  14. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

well, I was first in the pub (with geordie colin) and I had already had two pints, and had to catch a train by the time of the offer! anyway, after the amount of beer i've consumed in the last few days, I was glad to have a day off! (got to save some for Friday ;)) As it turned out I could have stayed as I waited at doncaster for 3 hours while GNER decided they couldn't fix the train holding mine up!

it took me 12 hours to go to sheffield, get picked up by GeordieC (thanks!), do a band rehearsal (~ 2 hours), then go to the pub, get dropped at the station, (once again, a big thanks to Colin), then get the train home. it was worth it though just to see the looks of a stationary brunnette, the style of a fashion guru, and to get dazzled by sparkling quavers (well that's what they'll be on Friday after a few drinks!).
  15. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

If we don't someone gets a slap, although i'm not sure who yet!
  16. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

2 DAYS TO GO :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Twas cool to put some more faces to names and I am now looking forward to Friday even more!

17. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

wish we could have made it, never mind look forward to meeting you all on Friday
  18. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

It was indeed most fun, although i wasn't so keen on the marching practice - my bass strap was in my car!!

I don't know what you all thought i would look like, but i'll assume you're being complimentary!!

Big thanks to Mr Mute (it's spelt Northerner!!) and everyone who travelled miles and miles to come to the practice and actually managing to find the damn place. I had enough trouble and live in sheffield and had been to holmesfield before!!

No problem Neil, the station wasn't out of my way anyway really!!

Strange, yet enjoyable to put names to faces, i'm all fired up for friday!!
  19. Number1euph

Number1euph Member

tmp brass

it was a great night and practice.
    can't wait friday.
    BRING IT ON!!!!!!!
    well done to every1 who has help orgatnise friday night.
    give your selfs a clap.
    :D :D :D :D :D
  20. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

This time in 2 days we shall be in Dobcross...

I cannot wait - and hopefully we should come back with photographic evidence for NeilTwist to add pints to, and the tMP percussion section will have collapsed from overwork!

Think of us as we attack Uppermill at 5pm on Friday!

Rach x