tMP Brass, pole position at Easingwold!!!

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by sudcornet, May 27, 2003.

1. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

I've finally got clarification about Easingwold Contest. The Contest Controller sent me the following email:-

Hi there Nigel

I have spoken to our secretary who has agreed to your playing at the above
    named event, subject to the terms you laid down in your E Mail.

1. That you play first ie. at 6pm
    2. That you are not considered for the prizes.

However if you wish the adjudicator could be asked to provide an adjudication
    for your perusal and records if you wish to keep them.

As I said in my previous mail, I will be acting as contest controller for the
    first part of the evening, so I look forward to seeing you on the day.

P. Sanderson
    Webmaster YHBBA

We may have to register with the association (Would cost each player all of £2) but I'll sort that out.
    So...now I need confirmation of who wants to play....You will need to get to Easingwold for around 3.00pm on the 28th of June for a rehearsal and then hopefully a bite to eat before we play at 6.00pm...uniform will be your own band's. When you reply, please state your instrument and preferred position in the band. As we are the "opening act" we would be able to field a larger than standard band if necessary, at least on the march. With any luck, this could become an annual event for tMP brass. It is a great evening out with bands playing 'til dark and the pubs and market place full of banders.
    So, come on, sign up now....you know you want to.
    Sud.

2. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Sud,

Glad that it worked!!! I think the 'Barbarians' idea is a touch of class. Let me start the ball rolling by saying

I'll play (either Eb or Bb bass depending on who we get signed up).

Playing first means first to the bar as well. Oh the humanity!

Sam

3. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Count me in.

D

4. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Just a thought. Which marches are we going to play?

What about Mephi?

:evil: :twisted: :evil:

Sam

5. Heather

Heather Member

Well done with this. Hope it goes well.
    Unfortunately its a bit too far away for me.

6. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Do i still get to play Bass Drum????? :twisted:

Current record for car alarms set off on a march with a bass drum - 2 and a police horse.... (my WORD i have never seen a police horse bolt like that...)

7. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

You certainly can, Dave. (and can you beg, steal or borrow said percussive instrument as well?) I thought that may be a difficult position to fill, so I'm glad for a volunteer. Keep 'em coming gang.
    Sud.

8. jinx

jinx Member

If you find me a marching side drum I will happily join in the car alarm competition (thats a drum I can carry, not one that marches itself...although that would be handy!) :wink:

9. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Shouldn't be a problem, Jinx, thanks for volunteering. Who wants to further annoy the cars and horses with the cymbals?
    Sud.

10. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

Easingwold

I´ll play either Eb bass, euphonium or tenor trombone. Mind if it wasn´t a 6 ó´clock kick off then you´d have no hope cos I intend to get completely manure faced later on!! :lol:

11. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

il play if i can skive a lift with someone...
    where abouts is it..
    il just check meh diary

12. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Aidan

It's about 10/15 miles north of York

Sam

13. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

I'll play baritone, I can also bring a 2nd trombone, a flugel player (who would also be willing to play backrow cornet ) and a Bb bass. He can't do the march around the square but will play the march on the stand

14. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I think a few of our boys will be able to get over there as we have no jobs that weekend. I'll do it anyway. Eb Bass as it says at the bottom. When you say wearing our own jackets, do you mean concert jackets or walking outs? Just if its concert jackets, have to decide which one to wear! White or blue hmmmmmmmmm

15. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

We're looking good at the mo'...if everyone who's contacted me so far actually turns up (everything crossed) then we only require:- a 3rd Cornet, 1st and 2nd Horn, and a couple of Euphs for the stage band. All players are welcome to sign up for the road march, but I need to talk to the organisers again to see how many they'll let us field for the stage.
    I hope to reveal the full band early next week and once your name appears on there we will regard you as committed (or perhaps you should be committed) so please make sure you can get to the venue by 3.00pm on 28th June.
    Come on....take the King's shilling...you know you want to......!
    Sud.

16. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

you'll look cute in blue :wink: :wink:

Hope all goes well anyway

17. Stewart

Stewart Member

I've just been informed that our lot have pulled out of Easingwold :( so if you find yourself short of a bari then I'm free and I'll be there anyway. :D

18. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Can I bring Fenella the flugel??? Please pretty please!

Rach x

19. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Can me and Lee do solo and 2nd bari please??!!

I haven't asked him yet but you can see what he thinks when you see him on Monday.

Jayne

20. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Doran.. can i get a lift in the FP-mobile then..?? if i get to manc or somewhere?