tMP Brass at Easingwold?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by sudcornet, Apr 11, 2003.

1. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Easingwold March contest is held each year on the last Saturday in June. It is run along the lines of the Whit Fridays. Each year around 20 bands and attendant followers converge on this small Market town in North Yorkshire from about 4.30pm onwards. The attraction (other than having a chance to win about £7.50) is that Easingwold has 8 or 9 pubs around it's market place and all of them are soon full of bandsmen (scary thought huh?) It is a super contest and meeting place for the BB community and the format ensures a good night out...(ie:- 10mins playing/ 4 hours in/outside the pub).....So, now I've sold the event, what is the likeliehood of 30ish tMP'ers playing suitable instruments attending the contest. The itinerary would likely be choosing a couple of marches that everyone can play, meet up in a car park for 20 mins rehearsal, do the gig, retire to the pub(s). I know some of you will be playing there with your respective bands, but, as far as I'm aware, there is no ruling about players playing with more than one band(there's no registration anyway).
    So what do you think?
    Sud.
    :D :D :guiness :guiness :D :D :guiness :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wow

2. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Sounds good - I'll just check the jobs list - yup, count me in!!!

Rach x

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

If you can get me out of my science exam : <looks at Sparkling Quavers> I could do it ...... drat! :D

I've just found out I can do the Whit Friday March now though .... yey! :D

I think it would be extremely interesting, fun and constructive if a band from tMP could meet up ............

Ben ;)

p.s. watch this space! :D

4. ersop

ersop New Member

Easingwold

Nigel,
    Easingwold is an excellent night, I've already been booked by one band and had a 2nd on the fone. However, many years ago now, the bulk of Ever Ready attended assisted by some deps. We actually won the contest, but were disqualified as we were deemed to be a scratch band and therefore outside the brief of the contest. I thought it was absurd at the time and havent changed my mind, but perhaps you should check with the organiser Dennis Hill before assembling a band. I would hate people to be dissapointed, as we were.

Why dont we just make one of the pubs tMP HQ for the evening, that way anyone playing can meet the non players there and mingle.

Just a thought, I'll be there whatever, and if you get the go-ahead for a scratch band, and you need a Sop player then count me in.

5. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Count me in. I'll wag or blow.

D

6. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Moderator Staff Member

Count me in too - plus a car load from Shrewsbury

:wink:

7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

il check my diary when i get back from NEW ZEALAND!
    but id be up for it...

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Aidan - hope you're doing your bit for tMP across from 'down under' ?? Met anyone interested in signing up at tMP yet...?

9. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Sounds like fun :) and nobody else has asked me to play this year :cry:

I let myself be persuaded into playing BBb bass last year :twisted: Very silly

Hilary Mateer

EEb Bass

10. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

I'll certainly come along on Baritone and I can produce a Bb player who could play on stage but he couldn't manage the march around the square

11. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Moderator Staff Member

Hope you have more luck getting a band together than I've had trying to organise a quiz team!

:cry:

12. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I will check our gigs diary and if I am free count me in!! (along with a few others from here I am sure!) 8)

13. HBB

HBB Active Member

A quiz .. when .... where???? I've never heard this :shock:

14. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

The test the nation durgh!

15. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

That's a quiz? *ding*

16. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

The places are usually gone quite early so its best to get in quick. Its my fortieth birthday on the sunday after Easingwold so i am starting to celebrate on the saturaday at the contest and by the time the bus gets back it will be party time 8) . If anyone sees me lying in the gutter make sure i get on the Safari coach. Its white and blue :wink:

17. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

i will be available for a blow. But if we play late on may not be in much of a state to play.

18. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Oh no! - my 40th birthday's the same weekend as Easingwold (I think - is it 21st June?) That means I'm older than Alan Seymour - woe is me!!! I thought I might be younger than at least one person in Houghton except my husband.

19. twigglet

twigglet Member

A big yes from me, sounds like fun

I will probably be in said car load from shrewsbury with Roger! Will be nice to put faces to avatars!

20. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Can i play too?.....sounds like muchos fun!!!!! :lol: