tMP Band to play at 2004 Pontins

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Roger Thorne, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Might have to pull out, as can't get bass to Pontins (Timbloke's car is too small, and I'm not going from Sheffield to Prestatyn on the train with a bass).

2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Daniel just take your mouthpiece and have a word with Andy shure he wont mind lending you his (you are playing EEb I assume). Otherwise there ought to be a friendly tMPer on here who could help?

3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Anyone else going to commit themselves to play in the tMP Band next weekend?

We have 45 members so far, but to balance the sections we could do with two more BBb Bass players and maybe another couple of Solo Cornet players.

Although this isn't a dead-line for volunteers, it would assist me in choosing suitable music for the concert programmes if you commit this weekend.

Any offers!

;)

4. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

yo roger
    if you need a solo cornet just give me a shout!

5. Roger Thorne

>shouting very loudly<

"Becky . . . . . . ."

Cheers Bex. Are you available for both days?

;)

6. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Only sunday im afraid, ive got rehearsal on saturday, im going down on friday and traveling back up on sat for rehearsal

7. Roger Thorne

Need to keep this announcement at the top of the pile - so here it is again.

Anyone else going to commit themselves to play in the tMP Band next weekend?

We have 45 members so far, but to balance the sections we need the following players:
    2 x BBb Bass players
    1 x Bass Trombone
    2 x Solo Cornets (particularly Saturday)
    Although this isn't a dead-line for volunteers, it would assist me in choosing suitable music for the concert programmes if you commit this weekend.

Any offers!

;)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  8. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

After a bit of arm twisting from Roger and BMB :)

Name: Piers Hallihan
    Instrument played: Bass Trombone
    Other Instruments played: Tenor Trom/Euph/Eb Bass
    Current position held: Bass Trombone
    Your Present Band : Abergavenny
    Section of Band: Champ
    Is your Band playing at the contest?: No
    Are you prepared to play a solo item?: Depends on the solo

9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Oh great! Is it too late to withdraw now Roger? ;)

10. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

What are you trying to say there, Dyl. I'm trying to decide whether to resent that comment or not:shock:

11. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

whats the final list then?

kk x

12. Roger Thorne

About 45 degrees!

;)

13. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

roger, sweetie, that went wayy over my head!

im still not sure if i will still be in the contest when u are concerting

ill try my hardest to make an appreance!

kk xx

14. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

You know, Roger, I can manage about 18 degrees, but then I fall over! You must have some weight on your bottom end to keep you up that far over - if you see what I mean ;)

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

ooo should be fun!!! And I can get a pretty good 45 degree lean going with my trombone... ;)

ps. Did anything ever come of that "Are you willing to play a solo?" question????

16. Roger Thorne

Being sorted as I type! - and there's a nice little Trombone Trio in the pads too.

;)

17. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

yay trombone trio which one??

18. Roger Thorne

Czardas (Monti)

;)

19. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Daniel
    Due to having a rehearsal on Sunday cancelled I am now going to be able to go for Sat and Sun so will be able to take your bass if you want.

The bad news is that as I wasn't planning to stay Saturday night I haven't booked anywhere to sleep and so will have to sleep in the car unless anyone has a spare bit of floor in their chalet.

20. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Roger

If you're still short of BBb basses I could get hold of one to play although I do prefer playing EEb