tMP Band @ Pontins 2005 - Questions?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Roger Thorne, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Please us this thread to ask any questions relating to the tMP Bands performances at this years Pontin's Festival. Although we don't have the full details available at present we will endeavour to answer all your questions at this stage.

If you are available to play with the tMP Band at this years Festival please use the following thread to sign up. Details and sign up can be found on the following thread:

PONTINS - Details and Sign Up

Last edited: Jul 2, 2005
  2. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

I don't quite understand - is the tMP band just giving a short concert at the end of all the competing?
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Last year we gave an hour concert on the Saturday evening and 20 minutes after the end of teh Championship section on the Sunday evening. We may be doing the same or more this year.
  4. Di

Di Active Member

Do they still have Captain Croc? That might be the clincher ;)

Crocodiles, crocodiles, we're marching for miles and miles,
    crocodiles, crocodiles, for a happy, snappy holiday. :biggrin::clap:

5. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

thanks. so it can't really clash with the bands unless you're the very last on each day?
  6. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Where are we staying? Chalets or are we going to all be in one nice hotel thingy?

Rach x
  7. Roger Thorne

Up to you where you stay Rach, but if you happen to come across a nice hotel in Prestatyn please let us know! :rolleyes:

Just for everyone's information it may be worth pointing out that as with all tMP events, travelling and accommodation is planned and booked by the individual attending.

The contact number for bookings last year was 0870 604 5606 and for an example of the costs: a budget 2 bedroom chalet (based on 4 sharing) is £110 for the 3 nights - £27.50 per person. Although I suggest you book early.

Hope that information has been some use.

8. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Maybe i'm being thick, im playing in the second section so can i play or not?

I read that the rehearsal may clash with some of the contest,

All i wanna know should i sign up or not?
  9. Roger Thorne

Yes! If they run the contest as last year the 2nd section will be on Sunday morning. tMP will hopefully be rehearsing Saturday afternoon therefore you should be clear to play with tMP on both the Saturday evening and Sunday evening. The only problem you may encounter is if your band hold a rehearsal at the same time as ours. But even so, this doesn't stop you signing up and playing.

10. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

thanks for clearing that up Roger :)
  11. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

What about third section, that's on the saturday afternoon isn't it? So a few could end up missing some or all of the rehearsal!?!?
  12. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Blasphemer!! She said Jehovah!!
  13. Roger Thorne

Yep! I was in the unfortunate position last year of conducting my own band whilst the members of the tMP band sat wondering where the heck I'd got too! It's literally down to the luck of the draw. Although you must remember that your performance only takes a few minutes, but our rehearsal will be about 2 hours, so I'm sure if there was a clash, people would manage to make part of the tMP Rehearsal.

Again I would suggest that if you want to play with tMP - subscribe in the appropriate thread. If there are any problems nearer the time, with clashes of performance or rehearsal, I'm sure we can sort something out.

14. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

ummm... not a good time to point out that in my first pontins i stayed in a hotel in rhyll then?
    they were suprisingly cheap, and surprisingly pleasant, if you don't count my bandmates hammering on the door at two in the morning because they were tired and emotional... :rolleyes:
  15. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

What is the closest airport to fly into form the States? Is Liverpool a proper international airport? or would I have to fly into Birmingham or Manchester?

Tempting to come over and play...but it may be seriously cost prohibative :(

Was good fun last year , it was!!
  16. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

WOW Pat... you'd do that? you must be keen:)

I think Birmingham could be your best bet, though Manchester is also an international airport I believe. You might even do well by coming into LGW or LHR and travelling to a locaiton where someone might be able to pick you up for the rest of the way.

PS: Keep an eye on the site tomorrow... ;)
  17. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Ok....who's up for chalet sharing!!

Ian and I need 2 people to complete a happy camping chalet type thingy!!!

All applications to me please!

Rach x
  18. zak

zak Member

Please excuse my ignorance but what date is Pontin's this year??
  19. Di

Di Active Member

20. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

And i thought Banbury was a long way:sup , be great to see you:clap: