tMP band - or who's up for the Whit Friday March 2004

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by jameshowell, Feb 1, 2004.

1. twigglet

twigglet Member

As so many people want to do the tMP band I have said I'll play with someone else, but I'll see you all there for beers!

x

2. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

unfortunately Flixton are going to be doing the marches, and since they'd be nothing without me, I'll have to pull out of the tMP band. However if I do see any of you there, I'll still expect you to buy me a pint! :wink:

3. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

:D 8)
    no flipper emoticon... :dunno

4. twigglet

twigglet Member

...and yes I believe we may be adorned with flippers :twisted:

5. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I guess I would be one of those people, having only just come across this thread (and read it in it's entirety of course!)

Kirsty

6. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

yep kirsty you're in :wink:

7. trombelle

trombelle Member

would love to offer my services on 2nd trom (esp since i keep missing the manchester socials and cant put faces to names yet!)

think i might be depping (am i inventing words again?!?) with another band but is it possible to have a blow with you guys anyway??

whatever the outcome i think i will need to put my photo on my avatar so you can buy me drinks if you see me about! :D

8. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

finally my band has given me an answer to whether theyre doing whit friday, and theyre not, so i asked my mum if i could do the tmp band and she says no. but i can when im 18 (only another 3 years and 3months til that birthday comes around) so instead im going on the rainford bus, i think they finish at dobcross so if any one sees me knockin around feel free to buy me a drink! (and say hi of course)

9. T-Horn

T-Horn Member

when did haydock eventually decide they weren't going? I take it the list didn't prove very successfull.

10. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

erm well we were given a list of dates yesterday at band and whit friday wasnt on it so i asked whether we were doing it or not as it wasnt on the list and i was told we werent because there were too many people missing to go. so i get rainfords bus hopefully (if theyll let me)

11. basstrom4eva

basstrom4eva Member

John, who do I tell? I wanna come and play with the band too!! please tell me who to tell!! :D

12. basstrom4eva

basstrom4eva Member

ME TO!! im up for whit friday marches, Bass trombone (if the name didn't let you know!! Tewkeshorn said hes booked me in but Im not on your list so Dan Slater bass trombone. (if thats ok with you, otherwise ill just watch and ghet drunk on the fine ales!!) :guiness

13. tewkeshorn

tewkeshorn Account Suspended

Hi Dan, hope you had a good time in London last weekend too! :)

Now we're both on, we just need to get Pete on here too :p

(Just saw Donna and she's gonna send out some of her photos from the weekend!) :?

14. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Looks like you've got my company, instead of lynchie. Hope we're not doing anything too hard!!!!

15. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Official Announcement

http://www.themouthpiece.com/viewtopic.php?t=6751

Whit Friday: 4th June 2004 Rules

To Take Part:

• Only registered members of theMouthPiece.com can play in the tMP.com Band.

• Under 18’s must fill in the permission slip and return by post to Rachel (sparkling_quavers) by May 15th

• Players must contribute £10 per person towards the cost of hiring the coach for the event. This must be paid in advance by way of either online through tMP Paypal or directly to Rachel (sparkling_quavers) by form of cheque.

• Entry to the event will be restricted to a maximum of 45 members on a first come first served basis (within the constraints of a balanced band)

• Non-players and supporters are very welcome but they will be expected to contribute towards the cost of the coach. First place on the coach goes to playing members.

Playing arrangements and music:

• All participants will be invited to play in the marching element of the event but (as within the rules of the contest) a standard band formation must be used for the contest march.

• The playing positions are at the discretion of the tMP team and there are more than a standard formation the team will decide on a rotation system.

• The music to be played is to be chosen by the tMP team.

• Because of the logistics of organising a rehearsal there will not be a chance to rehearse the band before the day of the event.

• Players will be notified in advance of the piece chosen therefore giving them a chance to borrow their part from a local band to practice.

• On the day the music will be provided by a member of the tMP team. In accordance with copyright laws all players must use our original copy of the music for all the performances.

Travel arrangements and accommodation:

• The Coach shall pick up from a designated point in the local Manchester area. Members will be taken by coach around the contest and at the end of the evening dropped back off at the central location.

• Manchester city centre has good public transport access from all over the country. This gives members the opportunity of either driving or coming by bus/train (and staying over if needed).

• There are many reasonably priced hotels within the city centre. Suggestions for these and perhaps a group booking could be made.

• Players wishing to meet us at the first venue are welcome to do so but they will still be expected to pay the £10 as a place on the coach will need to be reserved for them to travel around the contest.

Brief itinerary:
    1. Coach leaves central Manchester approx 4.30pm
    2. Coach arrives at first venue 5.00-5.30pm (depending on traffic)
    3. Coach leaves final destination approx 1am
    4. Coach drops back off in central Manchester approx 1.30am

What happens now?

1. By registering your interest on this thread you will be invited to join a new section of the site which will be hidden from the rest of the tMP membership. Using this forum we will finalise all details of the event.
    2. Your membership of this hidden forum will only be activated when we have received your coach fee. The invitation PM will give full details of how you can pay by either method.

NB: Those people who have already registered interest on the above linked thread or have contacted sparkling_quavers directly should expect to receive a PM inviting them to submit their £10 and receive entry to the event.

16. katej

katej Member

Ok have got the day off work, just got to persuade other half that he'd really like a days holiday to look after kids and I'll be there!! Train price from Telford £25.80 saver return so can come back Sat if necessary, just need somewhere to lay my weary head overnight. Where abouts is coach leaving from? I'm getting train to Piccadilly?
    Kate

17. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

sorry dan, but it's not an official list, just me going through the thread

18. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

I'm sure there will be others travelling to picadilly, and I will be travelling to central manchester, and can go via picadilly easily enough.

19. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

I'll be getting to Manchester at Piccadilly railway station. Don't know what time yet

20. katej

katej Member

well theres a train that supposedly gets in at 3 so I thought I'd get that one so if there are any delays I should still be on time, However I might leave earlier just in case. So any ideas on where to stay?
    Kate