tMP Band in Concert, Hadleigh, 9th April 2005

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by PeterBale, Sep 8, 2004.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi Korda!

We'd be glad to have youe join us - and anyone else who is interested ;)

Go to this thread and post your details as requested:

http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11644

You also need to register for the Hadleigh Forum, so detailed arrangements can be made.

2. tromtaff

tromtaff New Member

Hadleigh Concert

Who is going to decide where the profits for the event go to?

Castle Point Brass Band are the local brass band for the district and we are trying to raise funds for our training band that was formed 18 months ago.

We have a long standing concert arranged for the 9th April which is intended as a fundraiser for the youngsters in the training band. Obviously bringing in aband from outsise the area to compete for our audience is going to diminish the income we were expecting, but I was wondering if the intention was to support the local brass band youth in the area or is there some other cause that will benefit?

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I suppose whatever location tMP had planned to do a charity concert it would more than likely have overlapped with another event in the neighbourhood. The tMP Concert at Hadleigh has been promoted on here since last July I believe.

tMP's very own (or rather shared with 4BR;) ) Peter Bale is overall master of this tMP event and I am sure he will advise as to the proceeds for you.

I might add here that tMP itself is taking nothing at all from any of the proceeds of this event, neither are any of the players who are travelling some considerable distance to play - myself included. All proceeds are going to needy cause.

4. tromtaff

tromtaff New Member

I suppose it's a bit of nimybism on our part but we are trying hard to get our training band off the ground and we have a lot of keen youngsters waiting for instruments.

The concert has been planned since April last year and it just seems a shame that nobody thought to check with any local bands to try and avoid any clashes.

We wish you well with the venture and hope that your intention to help the youth in the area will also include the youth in the brass band movement.

5. TheMusicMan

Thanks... I suppose people could have informed us if they knew of a local event taking place at the same time, but never mind - we were not informed. So... I guess it looks as though the local community will be benefiting from there being two charitable events being held eh! With hopefully twice as much being donated to charity...:)

Win Win I say...

The very best of good luck with your event too!

6. tromtaff

tromtaff New Member

Castle Point

We did tell you several months ago that your event was clashing with ours?

7. TheMusicMan

Yes sure, but certainly not several months ago as you imply - it was about 6 weeks ago (according to your post below) if I remember correctly... which was far too late for us to do anything about as the tMP Hadleigh Concert event event had been being planned since last July. I remember Dyl replying to you in that thread when you posted on here, and I also remember that a part of your comment was something along the lines of ... "a scratch band trying to muscle in on the area" which we didn't think there was any need for and did not particularly appreciate and told you about.

Here is your thread and quote:

Thread: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12560

I see you made a post about your concert and thus informed us on 18th Feb 2005 - which is hardly several months ago.

Now, and finally please... it is a shame that these events are so close together, but look at it this way - there should be twice the benefit for the local community. As I said earlier... win-win :) We wish you the very best of luck for your concert.

8. PeterBale

The proceeds from the collection taken at the concert (admission is free) are going towards the building scheme for the second stage of The Salvation Army's hall at Hadleigh. This will develop the cottages that are part of the premises, and will provide a youth centre, hopefuly with internet cafe and drop-in facilities.

We are sorry about the clash of dates, and yes, we possibly should have contacted other local bands, but I don't really feel we are likely to be competing in terms of audience. I anticipate that those attending the tMP concert will consist largely of those people already involved in the corps, together with friends and family of tMP members. As it happens, we have since received posters for two other events that could affect potential Salvation Army attendees.

I trust and expect that both events will be successful, and I'm sorry again about the clash of dates (if I remember, the same thing happened when you had Brett Baker down, which clashed with a long-standing event on our corps band's diary).

9. tromtaff

tromtaff New Member

OK no problem,we normally talk to other brass bands and some of the orchestras but we haven't telephoned all the salvation army halls in the past, though we do always send you a copy of our newsletter.

As you are looking for mainly a salavation army audience perhaps there won't be too much of a clash with the audience.

On a different matter could you please remind your Mr Hastings that I am waiting for him to call me back.

thanks

Keith

10. PeterBale

Will do ;)