tMP Band at Pontins 2006 - The Details

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Di, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Di

Di Active Member

[​IMG]

Hi Folks,

With only a few days to go, the Pontins weekend is nearly upon us and we’ve been busy sorting out the details for our two concert performances during this prestigious contest weekend.

The tMP team would like to thank you all for volunteering your services on behalf of the MouthPiece.com band and hope that you have an enjoyable time.

As usual, the seating arrangements and music programme will be sorted on the day.

The details:

Saturday 4th November:

The MouthPiece.com Band will perform an hour’s concert in the FUN FACTORY BALLROOM.
    Start time: 7.30 p.m.
    Meeting/Set up time: 7.00 p.m. (by the stage)

Rehearsal facility: The plan for rehearsal is to follow the last band from the 1st section into the pool room (which will be approximately 2.30 - 3pm)! We would like all those playing to meet at 2.00pm in the foyer.

-------------O-------------

Sunday 5th November:
    The MouthPiece.com Band will perform for 15-20 minutes at the conclusion of the Championship Section in the FUN FACTORY BALLROOM.

We will be required to take the stage immediately after the last band has played. At the time of writing this I am unaware of any withdrawals in this section, but we must obviously take this eventuality into account.

After last years event I would estimate that we would be playing at between 5.00 & 6.00 p.m. Again I would suggest that we meet in the vicinity of the Fun Factory Ballroom registration room between 3.00 - 4.00 p.m. This will give us plenty of time to get ourselves organised and allow for any withdrawals. Obviously we must not interfere or hinder any other bands preparing to take the stage.

Can I remind everyone that the tMP uniform will be your OWN BAND'S STAGE UNIFORM. Could you also bring a music stand and a stand banner which will show the diversity of the bands taking part.

If you have any further questions we will endeavour to answer them the best we can via this thread.

Once again I would like to thank Ray Payne for allowing the 'supplied contest percussion' to be used by the tMP Band and a special thank you to Frank Hodges for his assistance in helping us with all the arrangements.

Many thanks

The tMP Team.

;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2006
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

YAY!!!! its more official like now!!!

3. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I actually don't have a stage uniform at the moment :( can I please wear my tMP tshirt instead pretty please? :tongue:

4. Di

Di Active Member

I don't see this being a problem, but I'll check it out for you. ;)

5. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Is there a list of the probable line up?

6. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Do you mean numbers or repetiore? Cos numbers wise it's 45 on Saturday and 33 on Sunday.

7. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Just a quick thank you to ALL tmper's who performed on Saturday night. There has been lots of favourable comments from members of the audience last night and also throughout today. I would like to make a special mention to Di, Will and Craig for their help in the organisation on the day. Also to our soloists, arrangers and composers, who excelled themselves in their respective fields. Unfortunately due to the lack of numbers we had to cancel todays performance, which was rather embarrassing considering we had approximately 30 odd players who had agreed to play! Nevertheless, it has been a fantastic weekend which has been enjoyed by all. I look forward to meeting you all again for the 2007 Whit Friday Marches.

Once again, many thanks.

Roger (The Sock!)

:rolleyes:

8. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

DAMN! You got there before us! :tongue: ;)
    Had a fab time with tMP, nice variety of music and a good bunch of people, topped off with a great night with "had to be there moments" (tsk... Roger! ;)) and the Bavarian Stompers :D

9. super_sop

shouldn't that have been Roger the very small sock????:tongue::biggrin:

10. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Long live Dafydd (the star of the night)with his cameo roles in the National Youth Jazz Orchestra and with the Bavarian Stompers...

:clap:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    FUN FACTORY BALLROOM.
    The Details
    Pontins 2006
    Pontins
    Hi Folks
  12. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

I'm sending Fi for therapy! :eek: She was traumatised! :biggrin: I'm just sorry I missed Roger with his sock! ;)

Had a fantastic afternoon/night with tmp band. Great bunch. But sorry Roger, after Easingwold I've finally admitted that marching is not for me! So Whits? No Way! :eek: Give me a comfy chair and I'm there, it's an age thing you know. ;)

13. Tinkabell

Tinkabell Member

That had to be one of the funniest moments of the weekend, and yes, I think I am traumatised!:redface: Think Vicki will be coming for therapy with me too!

Where is Dafydd?? did he score? I didn't see him leave on saturday night.

14. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

He's with me now....
    We're planning to elope to Geneva within the next three months!

Dafyyyyyyyyyddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!

15. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Now having missed Pontins this year, this is something I am certainly not missing!!!!!

16. timbloke

timbloke Member

And who forgot to tell me? So I was sat in watching the last few bands in the Champ section waiting eagerly for the tMP band performance, fully dressed up in my DJ and dickie bow, looking a bit of a fool.

Would have been great if I'd actually walked on, could have played National Express 20 times to fill the slot.

Was great fun, and many thanks to Squirrel and Cookie for resurecting the a-PAW-ling Mr Jums puns.

17. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Oh... right... thanks a bunch Caz, that's it! What about me then...:mad:

18. Di

Di Active Member

Apologies Tim, that would be me. I was doing my best to phone round everyone and my phone went flat. Had to go back to the chalet to charge it up. I guess I lost the plot and missed one. :( Sorry.

19. super_sop

you had a plot???

What a fantastic weekend!!
    really great t o meet uyp woith friends old and new!
    i am so tired today!!!
    need sleep!

The tmp band on satiurday eveniong well played everybody especially the soloists:clap:

cant remember most of it, but things seem to be popping into my head at random times!

only down side for me was the lack of tmp band on Sunday evening such a shame that we couldn't perform.
    lest all make up fpr it next year, i'm sure that out of 7000 odd folks we can put together a top band!!!

see you all at the next dooo:tup

Dame Craigy:eek:

20. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

We can tell you're tired by the number of typos in that post, Craig ;)

21. super_sop

:oops:
    off to bed Craigy:oops:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    FUN FACTORY BALLROOM.
    The Details
    Pontins 2006
    Pontins
    Hi Folks