tMP Areas Results Prediction Competition 2004

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 23, 2004.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi All

Just thought I'd let you all in on a secret :)

We are planning to launch our all Areas Nationals Prediction Competition 2004here on tMP within a day or so. You will be able to predict your results in all areas and in all sections. You can only vote once per section per area but you will be able to ammend your prediction if you change your mind.

We will also be showing a live graph of the predictions 'league'... so it should make for a very interesting few weeks of predictions.

Please keep an eye out for an announcement on the launch of this very soon... :):)

2. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Regionals 2004 Contest Launched

With the first of the 2004 regional contests now only a few weeks away, in true tMP tradition we're running a prediction contest, and boy is it a big one...
    Not restricting ourselves to one area or even one section, we're asking you brave souls to predict the top three bands in all sections across all areas.

Sound like too much work? Not to worry. You can enter predictions for as few or as many sections/areas as you like, scoring points for successful predictions. The insightful/lucky tMPer with the most points will be the winner.

Each section in each area will have 15 points. For every successful predition, you will score 5 points. Furthermore, if you predict a band in the top 3, but out of position, you score 2 points.

E.g. for the Midlands 1st section, I predict
    1st - Bedworth
    2nd - Backworth & Dist
    3rd - Enderby

and the on the day the results are
    1st - Backworth & Dist
    2nd - Foss Dyke
    3rd - Enderby

then I score 5 for Enderby (being a correct prediction), nothing for Foss Dyke, and 2 for Backworth, having placed them in the top 3, but out of position.

Obviously, the more sections you attempt, the greater your potential score, but predicting only a few sections well can be better than many sections poorly.

As we run up to the areas contests, we will be posting the more popular predictions, in an effort to see just who is likely to figure across the sections. As the contests pass, we will be posting a "leader board" of scores.

Enjoy, and good luck to all.

The Entry Page can be reached by following the link from the top Navigation Bar
  3. Keppler

We are still awaiting a list of competing bands from Wales. The list will be added as soon as it becomes available.

If anyone has difficulty (technical or otherwise) submitting an entry, feel free to contact me.

4. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I know nothing about the bands!! Is there an insider source I can contact????? And Odds list?? HELLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!
  5. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Psst... EYMS for North of England title!!... lol :D
  6. TheMusicMan

Aww sorry about this Chris... never mind though as wildcards are always interesting... :)
  7. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

..... or you could nick 4br's predictions - If only to give them a score and see how close they get!
  8. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Just do what I did. Click randomly in the drop down list. That's as likely to work as any form book with some of the adjudicators around at the moment :)
  9. Moy

Moy Active Member

I only know the Scottish bands (will probably get them wrong) and some of the top English/Welsh bands but will have a go anyway.
    Like the lottery could be day :wink:
  10. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

I'll have to do the same for everywhere except the midlands.
  11. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Psst... Wake up Iain! You've been dreaming again!

12. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Damn right...everyone knows there is only one band gonna take the title this year... :wink:

Cottingham all the way
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

Nice Voting Neal ;)
  14. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Well OK, qualification anyway!
  15. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

It won't be long now, the list of welsh bands are up on brassbandworld!

Champ Section in Wales are as follows:-

BTM D. Stowell
    Beaumaris M. Hansen
    Burry Port Town D. Evans
    Buy as you View Cory Dr R. Childs
    Cwmaman Institute Tower Colliery J. Hudson
    Northop Silver B. Baker
    Thomas Coaches Mid Rhondda A. F. Gibbs
    Tongwynlais Temperance M. White
    Tredegar R. Gray
    Treherbert G. Sheppard
  16. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

You're missing a few from the Scottish fourth section including two who are widely tipped to do well; namely Newlands and Queensferry High. The full list can be found here
  17. Keppler

Thanks for that John...
    will try to get those in there by later on...

was working from the list released in BBW, so I'm not taking responsibility for ommissions or misspillings ;)
  18. TheMusicMan

For everyone's info: No-one here at tMP takes responsibility for the ommission of names within the lists we have obtained etc. Of course we have made every effort to ensure we include each and every band who takes part - but we rely heavily on you faithful folk to inform us of these errors or ommissions.

Thanks for pointing this one out to us John. Anyone have any more...? please post here if you do.

Everyone enjoying this little bit of fun then? :lol:
  19. Keppler

Right lads,

Welsh lists now up as according to BBW
    Also Scottish regions updated, and a few misspellings sorted.

If you find them, keep commenting..

20. Keppler

The response to the predictions contest has been fantastic, far beyond what we anticipated, with over 1500 entries to date..

To give you a feel for the tMP nominated runners and riders, we've put together this wee statistics page, based on your predictions..

tMP Areas 04 Statistics Page