tMP Areas 2004 Statistics

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Keppler, Feb 26, 2004.

1. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Oh look...sorry to go on...i am right silly git now...but

I believe my scores are genuinely wrong! My apologies...I think a lot of mine havent been added. Sorry to be nit picky...and this is a top show by the way Keppler, its really good fu...but if their is a chance to head the table...it has to be taken!

Any chance of a slight recount? It may just be me!

2. mcmacca69

mcmacca69 New Member

I don't want to be pedantic, and I realise my competitive streak is now showing (oo-er), but Vernon Building Society came 2nd in the North West 1st Section. I predicted 1st and didn't get my 2 points for their placement.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, which would leave me more embarrassed than an-ex Aston Villa footballer in a secluded car park, allegedly.

Cheers

Ian

3. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Grrrr, if I had entered my wales predictions I would have been top because I would have gone with Cory, Tredegar and Cwmman.

I am a dumb ass!! :x

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

If you look at the total for that section however, I think you'll find that you have the correct amount of 4 points for that section.

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Wouldn't that have given you 15 points to add to your total of 104, giving you 119, and in second place? :roll: :wink:

6. mcmacca69

mcmacca69 New Member

Like I said....... <hangs head, scratches nose, looks sideways, pulls ear, ........>

Don't look at me.

Don't looook aaaat meeeeeee!!!!

7. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

hold on - yes, some of the results didn't filter correctly through..

they've all been updated now though (I think) giving a slightly reshuffled leaderboard...

and yes, I know that the breakdowns have been broken somewhat, but the total scores are correct at this time I do believe...
    (have to get back to work now, and can't fix it right at this moment...)

8. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

I have gone from 55th to 7th since the competitions in Wales, North West and Scotland. Local knowledge aye! Would have gone further up if we would have managed to get third yesterday. Played well (very well) so Cwmaman must have played very well! (I'm sure the late draw helped them!)

Grrrrr!

9. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Oh yeeaahhh :oops: Perhaps sub-consciously I would have got the required points in the other sections to get on top :oops: Hope I win now!

10. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Well thanks to the recent re-count I've gone up a place! yeah!

11. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Hey wheres the "edit" button gone? :?

I was going to add... got my local coming up this w/end so could be going up a bit further :D (I hope).

12. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

24th, woohoo! And mt strongest area still to come!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been trying to base my guesses (particularly for the lower sections) on past form/results, and its quite scary how close I've been on some of them. Kind of scuppers the nice comforting its-all-a-lottery theories everyone spouts in the bar after a duff result doesn't it! :?

13. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Just hope your wrong for my section this weekend! :D

In general going on past form does work, however it does backfire occasionally when an "odd" result has come in the year previous whether from odd adjudications or big player movements. At the end of the day theres still a fair amount of luck involved.

14. Accidental

Likewise! :wink:
    Seriously though, I think 2nd section was the hardest to call (as proved by the two of us picking 6 different bands!) and I may still change my mind....

15. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Agreed, it's going to be extremely close this year, I certainly wouldn't want to put hard cash on it. :D

16. Keppler

Will not be updating the leaderboard until likely tomorrow, apologies. Have a wonderful deployment excersise with lovely clients this morning/afternoon/evening/etc...

Will get there tomorrow I hope

17. Keppler

Last weekend's action has now filtered through to the leaderboard. Apologies for the delay, I've been out of the office with clients the last few days...

Anyway - all change at the top

Leaderboard

18. Accidental

Somethings a bit odd, sorry Kepps!
    Not all my points for L&SC have filtered through, and my predictions for N of E sections 1-4 have vanished completely - if I've added it up right they were worth another 16 points! :?

19. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

OOoh 35th with one area to go ........

20. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

and there his is, still hanging in there yet no Welsh results submitted....

I am a sad anorack :oops: