Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Has anyone else been watching this?

At first I wasn't too interested in watching it...but I think its fantastic! Some really funny characters and interesting to see an all female comedy. Fantastic first series roll on the second!

Plus Lucy Montgomery is gorgeous!
  2. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I sort of liked it, but it was a bit like League of gentlemen, too disturbing to be really funny. Very clever and good to see an all female cast, but some of the characters got under my skin a bit.
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

It's trying to be a female Little Britain but is nowhere near as good. Have watched it but none of the characters appeal to me at all.
  4. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I gave the first few shows a go, but it's just poor. Some sketches just aren't remotely funny and others are attempts at the old "catch phrase" sketch show formula, but just aren't as good as anything that's gone before. Just doesn't make me laugh I'm afraid, I'd rather watch repeats of Two Pints.
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

The adverts were enough for me not to consider watching it... Looked stoopid and not remotely funny. Little Britain, League of Gentlemen and Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps are much better.
  6. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

More money wasted by the bbc on moronic rubbish!!
  7. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Asking if people liked it, that would be an emphatic....

:biggrin: :biggrin:
  8. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Some of it is hilarious.....I actually know female darts players like Paula....WI types with bare arses....the Teesider in his bedsit ....."Don't look at me" can go on a bit.
    Great series...should improve in the next one.

9. HBB

HBB Active Member

I think it's quite good!!!
  10. I hear ya... very good.
    "it's just a little seeeeeeepage"
  11. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Yeah think thats quite a good sketch, especially with head movements and the accent

I absoultely creased myself when I saw this sketch for the first time, the voice she does sounds like a guy I used to work with...not exactly the fastest bloke around! :biggrin:
  12. Jason4sanity

Jason4sanity New Member

At last, some peeps who like it

This is the most favourable TBB thread in any forum I've seen yet.

For those with withdrawal pangs since the 1st series ended, it can be obsessed about with impunity here, without fear of the usual insults and abuse: