Tiswaz

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by super_sop, Jun 16, 2007.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

OMG how old am i, i remember most of this!:eek:

Anybody else remember this fantastic show???:clap:

2. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Ah, so you were one of the naughty children that thrived on anarchy, then? (as opposed to being an Edmonds-ite)

That explains a lot ;)

(btw it's TiswaS - S for smile :D)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I have to admit to being more of a Swap Shopper, (but then I was a bit young for TISWAS) but I do remember some of it - the sketch with Michael Palin and Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi dressed as the flower pot men especialy for some strange reason :eek:

Good nostalgia telly though - like the Swap Shop thing that was on last year.

4. super_sop

oh i was no edmonds-ite, unless my sister was up before me:mad:

and it is a z
    or at least it was on the telly just now.

Put it probably does explain allot about me!!!:tongue:

how on earth did they get away with that stuff!!!!:clap:

5. KMJ Recordings

Nope - TISWAS is Today Is Saturday Watch And Smile.

According to my missus anyway....

Oh, and here ;)

6. super_sop

you know, you might just be right!!!!
    a never could pay much attent.................

7. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I thought it was "Today Is Saturday, Wear A Smile"? :confused:

Saturday morning telly has never been so good, with the honourable exception of Cat Deeley.

There was an "adult" version of TISWAS on at night, which I was never allowed to watch, called "OTT" - anyone ever see it?

8. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Tiswas was brilliant.
    Sally James wasn't bad either - drool drool

9. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Such memories. Get up on a Saturday morning, bike round to my mates house and then me, him, his 2 brothers and his dad used to sit and watch.

His mum was allowed in during ad breaks to bring us mugs of tea and chocolate biscuits!!!

10. The Eggman

The Eggman Member

OTT was ok but didnt last very long and was on "after the pub" so can't remember much except the balloon dancers and Lenny telling dirty jokes.
    Tiswas was the best, last nights show was brilliant .Why didn't they show St winifrieds school choir getting flanned a bit more that was hillarious at the time cos there were mums and aunties an grannies rescuing their kids from the phantom flan flinger , oh and that bit when the REAL Trevor Mcdoughnut walked in.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Tiswaz OMG
    eek
    clap
  12. KMJ Recordings

I thought that as well.....and that's what I typed until I read the link....which bears reference to the redesigned logo....

I first remember seeing OTT on a TV when I was stopping with Besses in Stroud when I was a kid.....walking past the window of the TV room at that tender young age being presented with the balloon dance made quite a mark on me :D

13. rikster

rikster New Member

How about those of us who couldnt make up their minds and swopped between the channels, Sally James.... maggie philbin... sally james...

14. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Surely you must remember that other 'balloon dancer' - the well stacked coloured lass who always popped up at the end threatening to whip her bra off!!

I always watched Tiswas and saw the first ever series that was just broadcast to the midlands TV region. There has never been a kids program to match it and I doubt there will ever be in the future.
    I am one of the few people priviledged to have seen the Phantom Flan Flinger Unmasked. I was working 'backstage' at a charity fete and saw him putting his costume on. I remember he had a blazing row with Chris Tarrant as they had arrived in the same car together and Chris Tarrant had 'pulled' some local totty but the Phantom Flan flinger guy wanted to shoot straight off after the event.

15. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Tiswas was just the best Saturday Morning telly ever, I never got to see OTT tho, and my older brother always teased me about that!

DCM!! This is what they want!!!!!
    and
    Sally James showing her navy garters!! Humina-humina-humina....

16. annmck

annmck Member

I used to get up especially to watch it having had only a couple of hours sleep after night duty. Bring back the Phantom Flan Flinger.:metal:

17. eanto

eanto Member

Tiswas - cracking stuff. I started off as a swop-shopper but quickly saw the light and crossed over to the dark side. I reckon the adults (presenters & guests) had better fun than the kids as I thought Tarrant used quite a bit of sexual innuendo. I used to enjoy the Dying Fly sketches, probably couldn't do that now cos of their human rights....must admit though, old Sally J still looks pretty good to me!