tired for band rehearsals

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Jack, Sep 24, 2009.

?

What do people prefer to be for band?

1. Tired

11.5%
  2. Wide awake with lots of energy

88.5%
  1. Jack

Jack Member

just started wondering today what people prefer to be for band rehearsals, wide awake with lots of energy, or tired?

i prefer to be tired simply because if im wide awake i start to fidget and try to start conversations

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    lots
    energy
    band rehearsals
    people
    conversations
  3. bbg

bbg Member

I would prefer to be awake, alert and relaxed - but as I head to rehearsal straight from work about 5 weeks out of 6, I'm not always at my best. However, once I start to play I'm reminded that there's nothing like a good band rehearsal to make me forget about work. Making music is a fantastic way of changing mental focus; however slogging away at a test piece for weeks on end can take the edge off the euphoria a bit, thank goodness that's only for a relatively short period of the year though!

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I can't do rehearsing tired. I don't concentrate enough and my stamina goes completely.

5. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

I prefer to be at least alert enough to understand what I'm being asked to do, and to be able to concentrate fully on playing what's on the part. I find it hard to be motivated in rehearsals where I'm not 'in the mood'...and start fidgeting and daydreaming and clock watching....but these are usually when I've had a tiring, or busy day, and I could just do with going to bed! (to sleep I hasten to add lol!).

6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I couldn't have put that better myself. :tup

7. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

I would prefer to be wide awake, but that is rarley the case so my concentration is usualy lacking

8. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Wide awake, but usually I'm tired, I have a long trip back to Buxton from Leeds on a friday to make there rehearsal, but I would rather go to bed or relax with a lager or 2. Thats the comittment of me!