tired for band rehearsals

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Jack, Sep 24, 2009.

What do people prefer to be for band?

1. Tired

2. Wide awake with lots of energy

1. Jack

Jack Member

just started wondering today what people prefer to be for band rehearsals, wide awake with lots of energy, or tired?

i prefer to be tired simply because if im wide awake i start to fidget and try to start conversations
  2. bbg

bbg Member

I would prefer to be awake, alert and relaxed - but as I head to rehearsal straight from work about 5 weeks out of 6, I'm not always at my best. However, once I start to play I'm reminded that there's nothing like a good band rehearsal to make me forget about work. Making music is a fantastic way of changing mental focus; however slogging away at a test piece for weeks on end can take the edge off the euphoria a bit, thank goodness that's only for a relatively short period of the year though!
  3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I can't do rehearsing tired. I don't concentrate enough and my stamina goes completely.
  4. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

I prefer to be at least alert enough to understand what I'm being asked to do, and to be able to concentrate fully on playing what's on the part. I find it hard to be motivated in rehearsals where I'm not 'in the mood'...and start fidgeting and daydreaming and clock watching....but these are usually when I've had a tiring, or busy day, and I could just do with going to bed! (to sleep I hasten to add lol!).
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I couldn't have put that better myself. :tup
  6. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

I would prefer to be wide awake, but that is rarley the case so my concentration is usualy lacking
  7. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Wide awake, but usually I'm tired, I have a long trip back to Buxton from Leeds on a friday to make there rehearsal, but I would rather go to bed or relax with a lager or 2. Thats the comittment of me!