Timings for Welsh regional

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Pastit, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Pastit

Pastit Member

Can anyone remember the approximate timings for the start and end of the championship section at the Brangwyn earlier this year. We're trying to judge things for next year. I appreciate it depends very much on the 4th section entry but we're just trying to get a feel for it.
  2. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

start bout 1.30pm normally but i think it was 2.15 this year due to technical problems with the lighting.
  3. I'm pretty sure it's earlier than that (possibly around 10am) purely because after the 4th section you've also got the championship. So say an average of 4 bands per hour in 4th section and i think there were approx. 16/18bands this year would mean championship section starting at around 7pm (which I don't think has happened previously).
    We were first on last year and with the lighting problems started at around 10.45 - 11ish. I would generally say aim for a draw time of around 9am.
    Hope this helps
  4. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

The fourth section (normally) starts at 10am but the CHAMPIONSHIP starts later normally bout 2.
  5. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

So how do you work this out? Start at 10am, 4 bands an hour cos the test piece is about 12 mins. 8 bands in 2 hours, 16 bands in 4. 5 hours including results and the championship should start at 2(ish)! How did you get to 7pm?! Insteresting:sup
  6. Next time I will read the message properly - I thought pastit was asking for the start time of 4th section :oops:, and thought you were putting start times for 4th section which as you can see were way off what I thought, probably because you were putting the correct start time details for championship section :redface: . Didn't quite see the need for the sarcasm but hey ho! :clap:
  7. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

sorry bout the sarcasm. but i did find what you put funny.