Time Gentlemen Please!

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Cornishwomble, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Have you thought about sorting the clock out on this website, it always seems to be an hour behind!
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hello Roy. I refer you to Roger's succinct explanation from another thread:
  3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

thank-you, I'm now back on track and not suffering from time-lag!
    I'll get the hang of this one day! :?
  4. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

I still can't understand that one... we are in the GMT zone after all, not the GMT+1 zone.

I think the server hasn't adjusted itself for BST.
  5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Isn't the server in Germany though? I remember when the site was down once, the message it displayed was in German.

Might have something to do with the difference :?: but not the GMT+1 business!!! :roll:
  6. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Personally I think the clock should be kept to GMT as not everybody on the site resides in the UK, so switching to BST at appropriate times seems a bit parochial.
  7. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Who Cares??!!!!!
    personally i believe the clocks should be kept back
    this means more ttime in bed and in the pub but late for work and we can blame it on tMP!!
  8. leisa

leisa Active Member

ha i was just thinkin that and gettin very confused!!! im glad i just found this or who knows how confused would i get?!?!?
  9. T-Horn

T-Horn Member

I didn't know there was any clock on the site.
    Shows how much attention I pay!!!! :D
  10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

The problem here folks is, I believe, down to the fact that whilst the tMP Master Clock is set at GMT, the actual server/machine where all tMP threads are located is in Germany which is +1h... but if I set tMP Master Clock at GMT-1, all other times would be out.

Easiest way is as described, simply set your profile time to GMT-1 and all should be OK...