Tilbury Brass Band _ Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Andrea, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Andrea

Andrea Member

Edit: Latest vacancies and contact details towards the end of the thread

Tilbury band are a progressive 2nd section band seeking Cornet and Bass players for the forth coming Area Contest at Stevenage on 17th March 2007.
    We rehearse in our own Bandhall in Tilbury, Essex, on Wednesday evenings, 8pm till 10pm.
    Other players also welcome.

For more information please email andrealewis26@hotmail.com

Many thanks
  2. Andrea

Andrea Member

Tilbury Brass Band Require Solo Cornet And Bass Players

Tilbury Brass Band is based in Essex, we are a Freindly and family based band and would like to have a few extra players join our ranks to help us take part in the forthcoming area contest in Stevenage on 17th March.

We require Solo Cornet Players and Eb or Bb Bass Players.

If you are interested then please send me an email andrealewis26@hotmail.com or call me on 07733 234622 for further details.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  3. Andrea

Andrea Member

Tilbury Brass Band

After our very good result at the London and Southern Counties Area last weekend (3rd in the second section), we are currently looking for Solo Cornet and Bass Players to add to our very friendly family band. We have our own Bandroom situated in Dock Road Tilbury Essex and rehearsals are on Wednesday 8pm till 10pm with the very talented Mr Robert Nunnery. All other players are welcome too.
  4. Andrea

Andrea Member

5. Texus

Texus Member

Superb result for you Andrea - congrats to the band and Rob.
    Finals + promotion next year?
  6. Andrea

Andrea Member

Was a very good result for the band and we were very pleased. We dont got to Harrogate as only 2 bands qualify and we start the New Year off joint leaders of Section 2, so a good result next year will put us up. So anybody wishing to join an up and coming friendly band then please get in touch.

7. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Although never having played for Tilbury they have a very friendly bunch of supporters.

Some of them were sat in front of my parents for most of the day and as soon as the results were announced they immediately turned around and congratulated the celebrating parents.

Also the rep on the stage for the results was friendly too!
  8. Andrea

Andrea Member

Congatulations to you and The Cawston Band, think we must of been sitting next to each other.

Tilbury Band
  9. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

who was the rep, andrea?
  10. Andrea

Andrea Member

It was me !!!!!

11. andreab

andreab Member

Hello Andrea,

Just thought I'd wish you good luck in your quest for cornet and bass players

Another Andrea
  12. OneTonBass

OneTonBass Member

Good luck on the player hunt.

You probably been at Tilbury for years, but I remember you at Castle Point many moons ago when Tilbury were their rivals in the first section.
    Strange how rivalries change.

Phil Lawrence took us to the area in Watford, where I moved onto Bb Bass as a one off (never since!) and David played Eb Bass, and either side of us were some young kids playing bass sat on copies of the yellow pages in order to reach the mouthpiece.

What ever happened to Castle point brass?

I fondly remember the band(or a small group) going to butlins Bognor one May weekend.

13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Castle Point are still active, with a thriving concert programme - I frequently get their mailing lists through, but it always seems to clash with my own concerts!

Their website can be found here:

14. Andrea

Andrea Member

Castle Point are still going they do many concerts around their local area.

I remember when you helped out Castle Point, think we were at the Woodside Hall in Benfleet.

David is now playing with Aveley and Newham Band and Congrats to them for their 2nd place last weekend.

Flugel Horn and Secretary of Tilbury Band
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  15. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

We were indeed! And thanks for the good wishes. All the best in your search for players.
  16. "Bravo Xylo"

"Bravo Xylo" New Member

Massive round of applause to Tilbury, you're all fab!:clap: :woo
  17. "Bravo Xylo"

"Bravo Xylo" New Member

btw they are all very nice and welcoming too. play for them - i would if i could play a brass instrument
  18. Andrea

Andrea Member

Do you play percussion then or would you like to learn a Brass Instrument. I have this feeling I may know you??? We welcome all to our rehearsals.

Flugel Horn and Secretary Tilbury Brass Band
  19. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Katia - is that you??!?!?

a brave xylo indeed ;)
  20. Andrea

Andrea Member

Katia if that is you your welcome to attend rehearsals as often as you like.

We still are in need of players to join our happy crew. Get in touch if you are interested.

Andrea Lewis
    Secretary and Flugel Horn Player Tilbury Brass Band
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2007