Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by cornetgirl, Jun 19, 2005.

1. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

We have the most spectacular thunder storm going on right now.....

Loadsa rain and big flashes and bangs!!!

Anyone else mad enough to be tMPing in the middle of a storm?

Rach x
  2. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ummm i was, but then my internet connection kept going, so i gave up on the idea and went to watch tv... which nearly failed miserably cuz the storm was distorting the satellite signal so it wouldnt work... but then i was saved.. stuff saved on sky plus still works. so i watched stuff on there.

i reckon you've got the storm i had all afternoon!
  3. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

We had some thunder and rain at about 5ish i think. Stopped now though :(
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

We're in the middle of a friggin heat wave... no rain or anything cool insight for agessss
  5. Lisa

Lisa Member

Yup, same here in Bath! It's sooo hot - 32 degrees I think it was. Was lovely being out in it this afternoon but now I'm reeeally hot and just want somewhere cool to escape to...
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

I just had a concert.... thank the lord they provided refreshments!
  7. Di

Di Active Member

Its a bit cooler here now we've had some rain. Would be nice now sitting out in the garden if it wasn't for someone blaring flippin music out in their back garden. :mad::mad::mad: Why do they have to do that? :mad::mad:
  8. Lisa

Lisa Member

I have just been on a bike ride along the Kennet and Avon Canal - which is unbelievably beautiful! l only went about 10 miles but in this heat I feel like I've done about 60...:eek:
  9. Lisa

Lisa Member

I guess it depends what music they're playing? I keep having my music on quite loud with my windows wide open at the moment coz its so hot...but it doesn't matter in my case as my music collection is just the best and i'm sure everyone in the world loves my music! :D
  10. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Never mind the thunder storm, which we've had as well. But has anyone else had hailstones the size of ping pong balls?!?! They were HUGE lumps of ice. Thought they were going to break my windscreen!! They hurt when they hit my head as well! :(

11. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

We had the same in Shrewsbury. It clouded over about 5.00 p.m. and we had a terrific thunderstorm. After about half an hour of heavy rain the weather turned into a tropical storm! The wind was blowing a gale, huge hailstones, thunder and lightning and lashings of rain. Within the hour the clouds had cleared and the sun was shining again. Really wierd!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  12. Di

Di Active Member

All we had was 2 rumbles of thunder and a short sharp shower lasting only about 5 minutes. Still blooming sticky though. :(
  13. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Was in the middle of a concert when the heavens opened - an outdoor concert i might add, luckily it was right near the end! still got wet though!
  14. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Same here mumsie, wich is really weired as i only live 20 miles from Roger!!!
  15. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Nope no rain here, its been reallllllly hot all day though and church parade this am was a nightmare!
  16. Rach_Horn

Rach_Horn Member

we're in the middle of one now!!!
  17. gargoyle

gargoyle Member

Nothing yet in South Wales!
  18. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

i had a bbq in the rain yesterday.. we had a street bowling tournament and then got ****ed on the street, the bbqs were gas so we had no probs there! muchos fun.. everyone should try it sometimes
  19. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

We've had baking hot weather for two days and I got burnt to a crisp playing in the brilliant sunshine on both days (one of which was a march yesterday and really wasn't easy cos there was no air to breath at all!!), and then within minutes of deciding to go for a walk last night the heavens opened and we got soaked through to the bone.

Good old British weather, you can't beat it. :tup
  20. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Lots of flashy lightning and boomy thunder tho...I love storms!! :p