thrown out of a chippy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Dec 22, 2004.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

It's a fair few years ago now but I was sort of stumbling home from the pub one night when a chip shop hove in to i made a sideywise bee line for it, and having cleverly manouvred my way through the door asked the bloke if he had any chips left.

When he said he had I simply commented that perhaps he shouldn't have made so bleedin many then, and there I was...barred from a chippy in an instant. :-( Miserable toe-rag.

Anyone else got any occassions when they'd wished they'd kept their big mouths shut?? :-?
  2. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Many, many years ago when I was working alongside a well-known composer, his wife came into the office sporting a new hairdo. When she left, I thought I'd offer a compliment to her husband by saying his wife's hair looked very nice that day. To which he replied very testily and annoyed, "Why doesn't it usually?" I tried to explain what I meant only to dig myself a deeper hole, to the amusement of others in the office.
  3. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

A true topical story.

On one of the wards, in the hospital in which I work, one of the tea ladies is very friendly and very Welsh. She greets the patients with "Tea or Coffee cariad", cariad being a Welsh term of endearment. An Indian chap on the ward reported her for calling him "curry head" and she has been suspended pending an enquiry.
  4. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

after playing xmas carols at a light turn on last year, i had a couple of bevvies (literal) and felt a little jolly, when we went into the chippy

my horn wasnt in its case, so i played everyone carols!

needless to say, they were like, "get out"

kel xx
  5. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

My friend got barred from Burger King!
    Its was the one at the 'Centertainment' in Sheffield, He had just come out of Branningans an went for something to eat...when a 'bouncer' had a go at him for not queing straight! Cearing in mind, my friend is a 6'4" - 20 st Rugby player and the bouncer was a 5' midget!
    After a few 'words' the vertically challegned boucer told my friend that he was barred!!!
    I still chuckle to myself about it now!
  6. tootnbuzz

tootnbuzz Member

7. dyl

dyl Active Member

A modern day classic if ever there was one! ;)
  8. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Hahahahahahahaahhaahhahahaha Thats amazing :biggrin:
  9. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I was banned from a chinese in Portsmouth for doing naked star jumps while waiting for my order, can't see what the problem was, I kept my socks on! :-(
    2nd man down likes this.
  10. 2nd man down

:shock: Ah, maybe we've uncovered a deep seated hatred of socks by the portsmouth based chinese community!!
  11. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I'm surprised I didn't get thrown out of tescos for what I was doing last night... :lol:

(nah, wasnt *that* bad........ i dont think)
  12. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Something about "trying it on" wasn't it :?: ;) :D
  13. Naomi McFadyen

i darent comment :p
  14. 2nd man down

you were dressed I take it??
  15. Naomi McFadyen

oooh definatly
  16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

According to the thread, she was dressed in almost everything the shop had in stock :!: :shock: ;)
  17. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

HAHAHA you were absolutely hilarious!!! and i couldnt even see what you were doing, and to be honest, yeah im well surprised u didnt get thrown out of tesco