Three Tenors Fantasy - Gordon Langford

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by akwarose, Aug 17, 2009.

1. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

My dad was listening to 'Listen to the Band' on Radio 2 the other night, and he heard the Three Tenors Fantasy being played.
    He now wants to try and get hold of it for our lot, but we cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know if it is still in print, and if so where we could get a full band set from?

Many thanks!!!

2. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Try s.hogger1@ntlworld.com Chandos Music Supplies - they deal with most of Gordon Langford's music although I can't see Three Tenors Fantasy on the 2007 list.

3. Nice Horn!

Nice Horn! Member

I've just had a quick listen on the "Listen Again" feature for Listen to the Band and although Frank Renton calls it the Three Tenors Fantasy it sound very much like a Horn Trio I've played called Trio Con Brio (also arranged by Gordon Langford). Hope this helps.

4. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

"Trio Con Brio or The Three Tenor Horns" avaliable from Chandos Music Supplies s.hogger1@ntlworld.com

5. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I had a similar converation with another listener on Friday night - seemed odd that Gordan Langford would have two tenor horn trios based on the "three tenors" music - I also thought it was more correctly entitle "Trio Con Brio"

6. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Trio Con Brio it is. We've had it out recently.

7. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Is it good then?

8. englishgill

englishgill Member

cheesy - but in a good cheese kind of way!

9. bbg

bbg Member

Of course it's cheesy - but it's a smashing arrangement, goes down very well with concert audiences. Whisper it, but due to being a horn player short once, we "re-arranged" the top part for flugel .... and it sounds just as acceptable to the audiences at that!