Three hours and twenty nine minutes...(The Ashes)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

until the Ashes begin!

Hurray, hurray, hurray! It's a good job I have to stay up late tonight to do my essay...Sadly I don't have sky, but thank the Lord for TMS and Blowers!!

Anybody else excited about the potential prospect of watching England getting well and truely torn apart?!

Fingers crossed it won't be the case - but I've counted my chickens and there aren't very many!

2. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Yes can't wait! I'd like to think we can hold the ashes, but in reality, with the team we have, and on the Aussie turf, thinks are looking grim! Bu hey, lets noit rule them out before they walk out!

3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

First ball...

Jonathon Agnew's commentary was along the lines of...
    "That;s just about the worst ball i've ever seen in test match cricket"

It's going to be an interesting series....

4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Ah, well. At least I can say that I milked every minute when they were ours and the Aussies couldn't say "They'll be ours within 5 weeks"...

Of course, it's not over until it's over.

5. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

Oh dear! I wished that i never stayed up......... Poor Harmison i mean i rate him but what was that? Now theres news that he isnt fit?! Oh dear! How much longer to go!? lol!

6. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

Australia 346-3 at close of play!

Oh dear...:-?

7. Fitzy's GF

Fitzy's GF Active Member

Can you believe Australia went back into bat with a 445 lead after getting England out for 157???

McGrath's 6/50 was superb!!

Well England's back in to bat with 648 to chase.

Did or is anyone heading over to watch any of the series?

8. Will the Sec

9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

so how long till we take another drubbing?

10. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    The Ashes
    TMS
    Blowers
    England
    Lord
  12. 2nd man down

It's not looking quite as grim as it did at 47 for 2 at 2 o'clock in the morning!!! Blimey I thought we were heading for a 99 all out at that stage!!

Thank the lord for the likes of Peterson and Collingwood!!! :eek:

13. Bungle

Bungle Member

I am sure they can still clutch defeat from the jaws of victory

14. Will the Sec

OK, to the tune of 'Ere We Go!

CollingWOOD! CollingWOOD! CollingWOoooOD! CollingWOOD! CollingWOOD! Colling Woooo-oooood! CollingWOOD!!! CollingWOOD! CollingWOooooooOD! Colling- woo-ood! Colll iiing wood!!!!!!!!

Second Verse..

Pie-ter-sen!Pie-ter-sen! Pie-ter-seeeeeen! Pie-ter-sen! Pie-ter-sen! Pie-ter-see-een!
    Pie-ter-sen! Pie-ter-sen! Pie-ter-seeeeeen! Pie-ter-se-en! Pieeeeeeeee-teeeeeeeeeer-seen!

etc...

15. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I love Collingwood - he's a proper grafter. You know that he'll always give it everything, even when everybody else seems to have given up. You just get the impression that he's a really nice guy! Well done him - now lets keep our fingers crossed for the bowlers....only 19 more wickets to get!

16. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

So who stayed up and watched the final day of the 2nd test?

England blew a great chance.

Bring on Perth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Aussies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

In true English fashion - defeat snatched from the jaws of.... erm.........

In my own, humble, opinion, Flintoft shouldn't have been captain, full stop. Strauss showed far more ability during the summer and should have been retained for the Ashes. Anderson shouldn't have played, and neither should Geraint Jones.

18. 2nd man down

In the end it wasn't even close...what the hell kind of 2nd innings batting was that England?!?!?!?!?

I agree with Sam, as good a played as he is, Flintoff isn't captain material, some people are cut out for it, others just aren't, and it was quite obvious that when it came to it he was pretty clueless as to how to stop the Aussies racking up the necessary runs in the end.

Still looking forward to a more spirited fightback in Perth (Come on England for a 3-2 - come from behind series win!!), but I fear that fat lady may already be limbering up the throat muscles whilst donning her green and yellow ribbons. :-? :(

19. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

I have to say that, as an aussie, it was a very entertaining days cricket. Such a contrast from the previous 4 where the bat was dominant.

So much for England playing Warne well..............................

I think that Flintoff will be a good captain for England but not for a few years yet. He has a lot to learn first. England should play their No.1 keeper and spinner and get rid of Anderson. He was terrible.

On to Perth.

Still could be 5-0 boys ;);)

20. Will the Sec

Thank you, Glenn McGrath.

21. Fitzy's GF

Fitzy's GF Active Member

It's a pity Collingwood didn't have much to give in the 2nd innings......... for the english anyway ;)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    The Ashes
    TMS
    Blowers
    England
    Lord