Thoughts on Canada

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Jack E, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Canadian road rage: an entry in the Personal Column of a Canadian paper read as follows:
    "Driver who beeped at me for going out of turn at 4 way stop, 13th and Belmont; I was wrong; you were right. Sorry."

Message on a take-out coffee cup:
    "If this was in another country, we'd have to tell you that this coffee may be hot. Good thing this is Canada!"

"Every year on Canadian Thanksgiving, Canadians perform a ritual to purge ourselves of our rudeness - Justin Bieber absorbs it all. He was never meant to escape - we are sorry!"

Sign prominently displayed by team colour-wearing fan at ice hockey game in Canada:
    "I just hope both teams have FUN!"

Some bus stops in Canada don't have seats for passengers to sit on while waiting for a bus - they have swings . . . [​IMG]

"I really try to challenge Canadian stereotypes, but today I was walking down Young Street in Toronto and a fire-truck honked very loudly. I clutched my chest and said 'My WORD!' - and as it drove past, a fireman leaned out of the window and apologised to me, so I just don't know . . . "

"You know you're in Canada when a guy drops a knife just as he's entering a subway station, and people call out 'Excuse me, sir - you've dropped your knife!' . . . "

Question from a snarky non-Canadian:
    "Does Canada even have a President, or is it just whichever moose has the strongest antlers?"

Canadian reply:
    "Beavers come from across the nation, and compete in a series of challenges, including maple syrup chugging, 1-1 hockey, and a Canadian obstacle course (which runs you into awkward situations), where the more times you say 'Sorry!' the more points you score - and the one with the most points becomes the next President."
    :D

Suzi Q likes this.