Thoughts on Canada

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Jack E, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Canadian road rage: an entry in the Personal Column of a Canadian paper read as follows:
    "Driver who beeped at me for going out of turn at 4 way stop, 13th and Belmont; I was wrong; you were right. Sorry."

Message on a take-out coffee cup:
    "If this was in another country, we'd have to tell you that this coffee may be hot. Good thing this is Canada!"

"Every year on Canadian Thanksgiving, Canadians perform a ritual to purge ourselves of our rudeness - Justin Bieber absorbs it all. He was never meant to escape - we are sorry!"

Sign prominently displayed by team colour-wearing fan at ice hockey game in Canada:
    "I just hope both teams have FUN!"

Some bus stops in Canada don't have seats for passengers to sit on while waiting for a bus - they have swings . . . [​IMG]

"I really try to challenge Canadian stereotypes, but today I was walking down Young Street in Toronto and a fire-truck honked very loudly. I clutched my chest and said 'My WORD!' - and as it drove past, a fireman leaned out of the window and apologised to me, so I just don't know . . . "

"You know you're in Canada when a guy drops a knife just as he's entering a subway station, and people call out 'Excuse me, sir - you've dropped your knife!' . . . "

Question from a snarky non-Canadian:
    "Does Canada even have a President, or is it just whichever moose has the strongest antlers?"

Canadian reply:
    "Beavers come from across the nation, and compete in a series of challenges, including maple syrup chugging, 1-1 hockey, and a Canadian obstacle course (which runs you into awkward situations), where the more times you say 'Sorry!' the more points you score - and the one with the most points becomes the next President."
    :D

Suzi Q likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice