Thomas Brown - Conductor - Glasgow/ Huddersfield

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by TrumpetTom, Jun 26, 2014.

1. TrumpetTom

TrumpetTom Member

Hi all,

I'm from Huddersfield but currently studying composition at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. I also studied composition, trumpet and piano at the Chetham’s School of Music prior to that, taking conducting classes with Jeremy Pike and conducting most of my own works. Conducting many ensembles from small chamber groups to large orchestras of many different standards, from school orchestras to Chetham's students, I have gained the experience I need to be able to confidently take a rehearsal/ concert and portray my musical ideas clearly, whilst showing a clear beat. I’ve recently been taking the Glasgow University band and until recently played cornet with the Kirkintilloch band. I have directed successful rehearsals with bands up to championship level. Composition achievements including winning the BBC Proms inspire Young Composers’ Competition and winning the Douglas Steele Award. I’ve written for different ensembles and have had my music broadcast on national radio. If you would like more information or a more detailed biography, I’d be happy to send them.

I'm currently available for deputy work (travelling from Huddersfield/ Glasgow depending on where I am at the time) and would be interested in a full time position in Scotland.

My email address is trumpettom@hotmail.co.uk if you wish to contact me.

Many Thanks,

Tom