Thomann Cornets - any experiences?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Pauli Walnuts, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

I am looking for a cheap cornet for occasional use - as I am living in Germany, the Thomann range has come to my attention - does anyone have experience with any of their range of cornets?

Thanks!

2. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

No experience of their cornets but everything I've bought from them so far has been excellent value whether instruments or accessories - so I would trust their judgement on a budget instrument.

3. Pauli Walnuts

Thanks Andrew - the reviews on their site seem good so I may just give one a try.

4. David Evans

David Evans Member

We bought a couple for our training band and were very happy with them, they come with a 30 day trial period anyway and Thomann are such a nice firm to deal with I would go for it.

5. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

6. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

There's a brilliant review online of their flugel. I'll have a look for it

7. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

8. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

Can't believe "blood.y" is considered a swear word...come on!

9. Phil3822

Phil3822 Member

For price wise, I can also highly suggest John Packer cornets. They are all pretty good considering the cost however I agree with Andrew the 271 is the best value for quality. I have the 371 which is there top one and I am most impressed. My son has the 171 which is also nice. We tried the 071 which is the cheapest and it was also nice enough. Again, a plus one for John Packer.

10. fartycat

fartycat Member

Thomann are great for percussion as well, really helpful team, good prices and very fast.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Thomann
    Thomann Cornets
    Germany
    Thomann range
    range of cornets
  12. Pauli Walnuts

Used my new Thomann tonight at my first rehearsal with Cologne concert Brass - have to say very impressed with the instrument - great sound, good build quality and all for less than €300.

13. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Good to see a positive review for a budget instrument - there are some really nice instruments out there at silly prices. not investment pieces but good enough to let you enjoy your playing.