This years christmas number 1...?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by six pints, Nov 17, 2007.

1. six pints

six pints Active Member

Hi guys. I'm looking for some help. Basically, me and some people from all around the country have recorded a song. It's a xmas song, called "smells like christmas time" and is being released on the 10th of december. All the proceeds are going to charity and its a ****** good song!

Because we have done this independently, we dont have the usual channels with regards to publicity. So, I'm hoping that all you folks on here could help a bit, whether its just by listening to and downloading the song yourself, or telling your friends, or making a major effort to spread the word. Anything you can do to help would be most awesomely appreciated.

I play the trumpet and flugel on the song. You can hear it at http://www.myspace.com/anarchyxmas

Facebook users; join the group! http://dur.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2235015750

MODS! any chance you could make this a sticky for a while? it really is for a good cause, and any help we can get really would be appreciated

Thanks for your help guys!

Cheryl x

2. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Well, its got to beat 'we're all going to die', being championed by certain DJs at Radio 1 for Christmas no 1 at the mo ;)

3. S Carey

S Carey New Member

Six Pints, I tried to download this but it wouldn't let me.

4. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Which charity is it supporting?

5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

- Cancer Research UK
    - The NSPCC
    - Oxfam
    - Shelter
    - Friends of the Earth.

6. six pints

six pints Active Member

You can't download it yet- you have to buy it from itunes on the 10th december!

Odds of 16-1 at william hill! rock on!

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

With that title, has the song got an obvious link to Nirvana's classic single?

8. six pints

six pints Active Member

fraid not, just happens to have a similar name!

9. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

sounds alright to me compared to some music released at christmas

10. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Sorry, couldn't make it to the end. Must be my age :icon_sad:
    Good luck anyhow.
    PS Trumpet sounded well.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Facebook
    xmas song
    usual channels
    years christmas number
    friends
  12. cornetshell

cornetshell Member

im sorry- im all old fashioned, is it only available to buy as a download, not in the shops? i dont have an ipod, so im not sure how it all works-!!

i want to be supportive, but how do i buy it? advise please!!

im no techno phobe- just couldn't afford an ipod at uni, so now feel all out of date and old.... !!

thank you kindly!!

:)

13. rutty

rutty Active Member

Well, I've joined the Facebook group and will buy the download from iTunes. It'll probably be the only thing I'll ever buy from there but it's for a good cause!

Good luck :)

14. six pints

six pints Active Member

It not going to be available in the shops unfortunately, the logistics and cost just didnt allow us to do this :( it will be available to download from itunes. I'll post a link when its released :)

15. six pints

six pints Active Member

16. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

I made it to the end, but barely survived. I am all for new Christmas songs, but other than the title and the never ending refrain "It Smells Like Christmas Time" which got boring very quickly, it was nothing spectacular - in fact it was almost painful.

The trumpet and bone playing were fine. The lyrics we simply mundane and silly. Nothing to do with Christmas, secular or non-secular at all. Snow if you have a snow machine? Really.

The charity idea seems to be ploy to me. Are you a registered charity? How do we know if we buy that is where the money goes? As far as we know, you might be buying 6 more pints with the money right now.

I guess I am too old too.:icon_rolleyes: