This made me mad

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chunky, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I appreciate that in these sensitive days of political correctness we have to be careful about what we say and do but this article here made my blood boil

I appreciate that this comment may seem racist and I apologise if that is how people see it, but if these criminals were not prosecuted because they were 'unemployed foreign nationals'. Instead they are allowed to remain here receiving hand outs from our Government.

I appreciate they were given a caution and that will remain on their record however what crime do they have to commit before proper justice is handed out to them?

Does this mean Under 16's who are not working can vandalise but not be prosecuted as they are unemployed? Can the unemployed man signing on vandalise the job centre without fear of retribution?

I personally feel that PC has made our local PC's frightened to do their jobs properly. This country used to be respected the world over for its legaly system, we are now a soft touch.

Rant over.
  2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I'm with you Chunky. Too many decisions, these days, are being made by the police. In my day we nicked 'em and the courts decided, then the Crown Prosecution Service came into being and it started to go down hill from there!
  3. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

I heard that on the radio this weekend and could not believe what i was listening to. Normally with this type of crime they don't deal with it as there aren't enough officers and they are almost impossible to find those responsible. In this case there is no excuse. Bang them up and deport them. And no, I am not racist!
  4. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

I couldn't agree more. An no IMO I don't think your comments are racist it is just another case of the lunatics taking over the asylum

I :clap: You for your honest comments and saying what others are too afraid to say
  5. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

This is the problem with our country. Too many people wish to keep a stiff upper lip and not want to rock the boat. Its time more people spoke out with their true feelings.

Its not about being discriminatory in anyway shape or form its about getting back to true values and being honest about what is happening to our country.

The Government create laws and policies to make us feel guilty when we tell them what we want doing with our country and how we want it run.
  6. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

A couple of years ago I and a couple of us caught a lad in in one of the band players cars going though the glove box. He had broken the lock with a screw driver and was clearly looking to steal stuff. We detained him along with his tool of entry, the police took a statement, took him away and ......... nothing happened. He was white English. So don't automatically assume we are just soft on foreighn nationals (although we are). Its the crown prosecution service at fault - full of politically correct do-gooders. Unfortunately police have so many cases knocked back they now pre-empt the decision and let them go because they know they will have to eventually anyway.
  7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

This country really is in a pityful state. This kind of news item only highlights exactly how daft it has got.

I hate to say it, but it really isn't hard to see any more why more and more people decide to take the law in their own hands and mete out their own justice.

The pc brigade and the liberal do-gooders are inadvertantly breeding a large feeling of vigilatism within an ever growing number of the populace by tying up the hands of those put in place to serve the law of the land.
  8. GingerMaestro

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the biggest problem is that we have let the foreign nationals get away with it for so long that if you try and clamp down on their behaviour or sponging off the state they will slap the discrimination badge on it and carry on getting away with it. This may well sound racist but IMHO the day we started letting them in to the country was the start of the end of this nation.
  9. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

So, when I start my new Law and Order Party, which will have the following key manifesto points
    • Definite sentences to remain unchanged, BUT eligibility to parole can only begin after the sentence has been served. 5 years means 5 years.
    • Indefinite sentences to remain tariff based, but no-one found guilty of murder to serve less than 20 years before parole is considered.
    • No access to compensation for prisoners for any reason at all if their victims have not been compensated in full for their loss.
    • ID photo/DNA/retina scan cards to be compulsory. Failure to carry one will result in a fine of at least £500.
    • Education to continue in prisons, but access to things that free people have to pay for restricted (Sky Sports, for example.) Limited vetted contact by email will be allowed.
    • Open prisons only to be available accessible to convicts guilty of specified minor offences.
    • We aim to make people see going to prison will be seen as a harsh experience, not as a mere inconvenience
    • Some minor anachronistic offences that can result in a jail sentence will be dealt with by other means. (Non payment of specified fees/fines for example)
    you'll all sign up?

Will Elsom-Darchiashvili, prospective MP for ????????

A policy strand stating that if there were no prison places available when a sentence is handed down, the criminal would be executed, irrespective of how minor the misdemeanour, has been withdrawn, though there appears to have been tacit support for the notion on this very site...
  10. GingerMaestro

Show me the dotted line Will my pen is ready
  11. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Will, you have my full support. I am sure there are so many people in this country who are fed up with us being seen as a soft option and agree whole-heartedly with such policies. Its just a shame they are not prepared to voice these feelings.
  12. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

So's mine - at last the voice of sanity.
    What about the Police not publishing escaped murderers pictures last week as it it would breach their human rights ?
    What rights ? - in my book when you "Cold Bloodedly" murder another human being you forfeit any such rights.
    - Wilky
  13. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Are but there's the rub you are confusing "rights" with "human rights" - how come whenever you read of anyone taking someone to court over their "human rights" it nearly always seems that the decision made by the court goes against common sense?
  14. GingerMaestro

if this was the US those 2 killers would have had their faces plastered over every skyscraper in the land but not here we wouldn't to seem discriminate against killers who lets face it lost any human rights they had when they decided to take the life of another human
  15. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

It makes me mad when people like this are committing real crimes and I get a £30 ticket when I park my car outside my house and it hasn't got a parking light!

I know the laws the law but the police seem to pick on the easy targets and technicalities to squeeze money out of the folks that dont deserve it and the true criminals and scumbags get away with so much more and not so much as a slap on the wrist!:mad:
  16. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

More people need to vote
  17. needmorevodka

needmorevodka Member

Yep, here is my vote too.
  18. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Have you considered Sedgefield? ;)
  19. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Bit of a generalisation, don'tcha think? It was that sort of talk that got Hitler elected. We have plenty of indigenous lazy perfidious scumbags as well.

In terms of the OP, my preference would be to have a policy where anyone with foreign or dual nationality convicted of a crime (whether they have been granted asylum or not) should be immediately & automatically deported to their country of origin, without the possibility of appeal, at the end of their sentence (or on conviction if the sentence is suspended or non-custodial). That would solve the recent problem of the Somalian murderer who had to be released on to the streets because, although he was due to be deported, he claimed the current situation in Somalia meant his life would be in danger. Not sure why that's our problem, frankly - he wasn't unduly concerned about the sanctity of human life until he faced the boot. Or the rabble rouser Abu Hamza, whose deportation hearings and appeals are likely to take up to 5 years. When the Italians had a similar problem a couple of years ago, they arrested the guy and he was back in Libya 24 hours later.

However that would still leave us with our domestic low-life problem, for which Will's manifesto would be an excellent start. Not sure about ID cards though :confused:
  20. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I've always liked Italians.:wink:
    Maybe we should start a class action on the basis that foreign criminals are affecting our human rights.

According to there are 16 basic human rights incorporated into UK Law under the 1998 Human Rights Act:
    right to life
    prohibition of torture
    prohibition of slavery and forced labour
    right to liberty and security
    right to a fair trial
    no punishment without law
    right to respect for private and family life
    freedom of thought, conscience and religion
    freedom of expression
    freedom of assembly and association
    right to marry
    prohibition of discrimination
    protection of property
    right to education
    right to free elections
    abolition of the death penalty

I also picked up this about deprtation:
    "In the United Kingdom legislation concerning deportation began with the 1905 Aliens Act, giving the government the right to deport an alien convicted of a criminal offence if deportation was recommended by the court. Since the passage of the 1962 Commonwealth Immigration Act the government has been able to deport certain Commonwealth citizens, and subsequent legislation has broadened the grounds for deportation. The 1971 Immigration Act extended the power of the Home Secretary to deport Commonwealth citizens without a court order where deportation was considered to be ‘conducive to the common good’. Since 1973 only UK citizens, and Commonwealth citizens resident in the UK before 1973, have been immune (exempt) from deportation. Grounds for deportation include illegal entry, breach of conditions of admission, and conviction of a criminal offence. A person who has been served a deportation order can appeal to a special tribunal, but the Home Secretary can overrule the advice of the tribunal."
    It seems even the powers that be don't play by their own rules