This is whack, dude!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yorkshire_lass86, Jun 7, 2010.

1. yorkshire_lass86

yorkshire_lass86 New Member

Was just wondering if anyone can tell me how you deactivate your account? I've sent an email to the people in power, but no reply.
    Many Thanks.
  2. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I don't think you can
  3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Why bother? It's not as if there's any harm in leaving the account in existence - and you might want to come back to it in the future.

Fairly sure you *can* have it deactivated though - by requesting of the powers that be, as you say you've done. How long have you waited for a reply?
  4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Hi Jo,

How did you contact us because this is the first I've heard of this request?

I'm sorry if you haven't had any reply as you say, we do try to deal with all questions put our way, but unfortunately the odd one may slip through as we all only do this on an "as and when we can" basis.

We don't de-activate accounts, if we removed accounts which in turn removed posts made by those accounts it would make a complete mess of conversations those accounts had participated in if you see what I mean. All I'd suggest is that you stop using the account and keep your login details as secure as ever to stop anyone else using it in your absence.

Sorry that you feel you want to leave theMouthpiece, we hope that you keep looking in and find something you want to contribute to at a later date.

on behalf of the mods team,
  5. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Jo, as accounts are not being removed, it would be prudent in these days of identity theft to remove your personal data such as name and date of birth .