this is the life..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sparkling_quavers, Jul 17, 2006.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Just to make all you people at work jealous. I am sitting in the garden on wireless with a nice cold drink - 33 degrees though!! Another 5 weeks of this - wahooo :biggrin::tup

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    life
    people
    work
    cold drink
    garden
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Hmmmmph! :( :( :(

I'm working at home, but I haven't got wireless (or a garden!) so I'm sweltering in the living room. Still better than being in the office though... :biggrin:

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Me too Rach. Sat in garden, having fun on trampoline, relaxing with birthday beer!!

5. sparkling_quavers

laptop and trampoline I bet that is interesting!

6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Had to come in for a bit to hot out there for me!!!

7. TheMusicMan

hehe, not on laptop Rach... I have one of these;

[​IMG]

Superb honestly... totally awesome...

8. Lisa

Lisa Member

Hehe, I have an image of you bouncing around ona trampoline with that thing ^ in one hand, beer in the other! Hope you're having a fun birthday you old person ;)

I'm just going back to work to work in a hot unsunny kitchen until 10.00 :(

9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I have an amazing arrangement of sunbed just outside the living room in the garden so that I can listen to the cricket and run inside in time for any replays! Alas computer is not outsuide, but you need a few breaks from the heat!

Happy Birthday John, I hope that you have a lovely day. x

10. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

You try retiring then. Not just 5 weeks lazing around. :D

11. sparkling_quavers

I would love to retire but I'm not even 30 yet! It is now 40 degrees in the sun in our garden, and this is in Manchester!!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    life
    people
    work
    cold drink
    garden
  13. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Come and work with at our meat cutting unit we have a BIG COLD BLOWER ON at work from 8ck -12 noon its great.
    And then when i get home its off down to the local swimming baths
    I pity anyone on here who as to work in a HOT WARM OFFICE from 9-5.
    Anyone want to swap i bet there is

14. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

#
    I say John do you want me to send you over any of our hame made sausages if you are having a BBQ or one of our BIG 12oz BEEF BURGERS

15. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

It's all right for you part timers! ;) Some of us have to do real work! :biggrin:

16. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Well I tried. After becoming jealous, I duly went to the garage, got out the sun lounger, set it up in the garden. Next, a bottle of beer and my book and sat down to soak up the beautiful rays.

I lasted 2.6 minutes! :eek:

Was the sun too hot for me? NO
    Did the telephone ring? NO
    Did I receive unexepected company? No (well not in the way we usually mean)

As I sat in my sun lounger with my beer, I was about to pick up my book when I thought, hey, why is the grass moving? After closer inspection I realised that several spots in the grass looked like something was about to erupt! And boy did it. The demons of the insect world. The pesky things that for the last 4 months I've been trying to get rid of. Yes, ANTS :eek: but not just ants, oh no! This is one of the few days where the ants decide to fly off to their new homes (good riddance). After a few moments watching, it suddenly turned into a bleak firework display. I jumped off my chair, and rushed into the house. After shutting the patio door, I went through to the kitchen and low and behold, the back of the house was the same. Hundreds, no thousands, of the little blighters. I shut my back door and boiled the kettle, after three refills and a game of dogde the flying ant, the sparrows now have cooked ants served on a plate :biggrin: But still they come. So, doors shut, windows shut, fan on, and no half hour to top up the tan! :mad:

17. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Well I finished school two weeks ago and have been enjoying a quite life, slowly getting a sun tan.......excellent! Was enjoying the last day of the test match today when my old school phoned to ask me if I would teach Nursery this afternoon!! Me with all those tiny people!! I find it hard to say no to things so had my cricket interupted and had an afternoon of drawing, painting and playing games instead. Hey there's always the next few weeks (well months) for me to add to my tan!!:tup :biggrin:

18. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

Excuse me, As Charmed pointed out some of us do actually have to go to work full time and only get 5 weeks holidaqy a year:(

By the time I get home and have sorted out some tea etc there is no sun left in the garden, I've even got rid of my MX5 so can't get my top down and add to my non existent tan.

I am "lucky" though I do sit next to a window in the office not that it opens. Also we have to have the blinds closed otherwise the temperature soars or it burns a hot spot on my back!! (hmm how lucky is that really then!!)

19. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I too have just broken up for the summer hols. :D Decided to be sporty and take bike into forest for a nice ride through the trees. (No not into the trees). But could I get the back seats of the Chavmobile down in order to fit the bike in? Could I b*****y. After about an hour when both my neighbour and I admitted defeat I went pathetically to the garage and did that pathetic doe-eyed fluttery-eyelash girl thing and asked if they would very kindly show me how to put the seats down. They were very good, they didn't actually laugh until I had left the premises. Could still hear them chortling 3 miles away. But now I know how to put the back seats down in a Ford Chav TD, and if you ask me it's not at all obvious to anyone. Stupid car designers.:mad:
    I did get my 6 miles round Delamere Forest though which restored my equanimity.
    Sun-baked Badger
    xx

20. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

we had exactly the same thing... we hada BBQ saturday and sunday and our sunday bbq was kinda ruined because all of a sudden, at around 5pm-ish there were liturally thousands of ants flying up up and away....
    Needless to say we moved away from the grass and somewhere else, but we never moved so fast, ever...... I then purchased some ant killer yesterday, just incase they reappeared again....

but yes, weather has been wonderfully hot and some work has been done to our front and back gardens over the last couple of days to try and make them look presentable.... loads more work to be done but it's gonna be good when it's finished.... another bbq to be had as well me thinks :biggrin:

21. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

4 days to go till we break up. Weather is too hot even for the kids to mess around much.

22. TheMusicMan

C'mon then all - let's get ya posting these summer 'hot weather' and bbq pics...