Think we should say well done and thanks...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by stephen_clapton, Oct 17, 2004.

1. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Think we should say a big thank you and well done to John and Roger for their efforts yesterday at the RAH promoting tMP, and to John for buying all the cool notepads!! I now have something to write on tomorrow at work. Cheers guys!

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Cheers Stephen... but the thanks should really go to Jon Handley of RJ Handley and Tor Designs. It was he, as Secretary of the Association of Brass Band Traders who invited tMP to be there and I am very grateful to him for the invitation. I am also very grateful to our very own Roger - he travelled all the way from Shrewsbury to attend after leaving home ridicululously early enough to get to RAH bu 8:30 (but don't tell the cops eh!! ;))

To be honest, trade show / competition attendance is something tMP is going to be doing far more often. It was simply a fantastic opportunity to meet many, many people. We met many tMP'ers and many people who were not aware of us :( (shock horror eh!), and it was a great opportunity to spread the word of what tMP is and can offer.

My biggest regret is not attending the National Finals event in Harrogate - that would have been excellent - anyway - lesson learned for next year eh!

Thanks to everyone who came up to us and said hi, amongst many others who I just can't remember right now (tell me if I have missed you), we saw HBB, Dinie, Vickietorious, MRSH, Aadvark, Sam Atherton, BBCBari, Philip Sparke, Naruco, Steve Clapton, Highams, Tuba Miriam et al..... (sorry if your name isn't here)

All in all we had a great day, tMP is here to stay folks.... :) thanks for your support.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  3. Di

Di Active Member

John, how could you! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

We were there for, like, hooooours. But maybe Vicki's looniness and my jabbering is something you would rather block from your memory! :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Those little note pads were great! Although most of mine is gone already. :-( One chap asked if we'd got a pen to rewrite a phone number he'd written on his hand, so Vic gave him a pen and I gave him a tMP sheet of paper to write on. He was with a few of his (and Vics) mates from NYBB, so I tore them all off a strip! (Yea, in both ways, gave em a sheet of paper and told em sign up or else!;) )
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

What about me! I bought you a programme :cry:
  5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I was not there but TOPJOLLY WELL DONE:-D
  6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Sorry Ben, Di and Vick... :oops::oops::oops::-?:-?

It's obviously because I was trying to think of the people who stayed for a little while... you guys stayed for ever... :):)
  7. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Thank you Ben, much appreciated.

Can I also send my thanks to all tMPer's who took time out to visit our Trade Stand yesterday. It was fantastic to meet you all and put faces to names. Hopefully we will be visiting other contests in various parts of the country (and Europe!) in the near future to promote the wonderful world of

I would also like to reiterate John's thanks to Roger and Jon Handley of RJ Handley and Tor Designs for making it all possible.

Thank you all for your continued support.

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Hey! It's the first tMPers that I saw never seen before!!
  9. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

...and the States!! ;)
  10. HBB

HBB Active Member

HEy! for the time being you're british! :)
  11. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'd still like to see them take their show on the road :)
  12. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Was great to meet John and see Roger again :) I'm sure we would have spoken longer than we actually did, but we dashed off cos Dyke were just about to play..... and by gaaawwwwd weren't they good... :lol:
    I spent most of the day after I played with Steve Clapton, who was also great to meet at last as well! :)
    Also met Dinie and crazy Vikki..... Accidental....
    and I'm sure I noticed Phillip Sparke, not to talk to though sadly...

Glad John got my text with the results on it ok :lol:

13. HBB

HBB Active Member

I managed to See Naomi tuning up the Timps! :)
  14. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

At least you didnt go looking for Gloucester Road for a pub with her....... leave the hall, 2nd road on the left? 20 mins of walking later, no road, no pub!!!!! All good fun :shock: ;) thanks for the exercise :tup
  15. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Shame we didnt get to meet young Bunny.... but glad you saw me tuning up the timps! :lol:

Steve... I managed to find out where that road is now..... LOL.... what the lady in RAH failed to inform us, was that you go down that 2nd road and THEN you get to the road in question! :lol: Aaaah well... had a good time in the Goat in the end didn't we... and you may get that bass trom player ;)