Things with your name that aren't you...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dawnys_flug, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Is there a product with your name?

The other day we came across some 'Dawn' washing up liquid! and some other strange thing on the net called dawny which we've still not identified!

First or last names are allowed. Or is there one with both?!

Dawn-feeling in a random, citrusy fresh mood :D
  2. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Where do I start?

There used to be Lyons Tea Houses, there are still Lyons cakes. There are a couple of famous Lyons people, including Charmian Lyons who I found myself dealing with over a recent copyright application and a number of famous professors and even broadcasters.

There's also the City in France, a town in the US and a 'city' in Illinois etc. etc. etc.
    Of course, there's also the lesser-known branch of the family that used to live in erm... Clarence House, was it ;)
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

ok: this is easy....

I'm NOT Cornish.... ie: do not come from Cornwall... and I do NOT talk Cornish...
    I am NOT a Cornish Pasty...
    I am NOT Cornish Ice Cream...
    I am NOT Cornish Clotted Cream...
    I am NOT Cornish Toffee... Cornish Coffee... Cornish whatever else there is....

I am only Cornish by name... nothin' else...

:lol: :lol:
  4. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

5. louise0502

louise0502 Member

There is a brand of toilet roll called "Louise Amy" which is sold in my local Cutprice!
  6. dyl

dyl Active Member

There used to be a pub in Bangor called Dylan's - if only! ;)
  7. lister89

lister89 Member

Not really but I'll challenge anyone to find one with my name being used! Mind I do have to double check everytime I see the word Stalibridge!
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Haha.... trust you to find that Chris...;) Makes me wonder what you searched for... heheheheh
  9. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Well there's the obvious and very famous book named after me by that Du Maurier woman, and I just Googled Winn which gave me "WinnGrips - the best grips in golf"
    Also Googled Hallihan and got this quote which I daren't follow up in case I get done for looking at naughty stuff on the web: "YOU must fight your way through the infamous LABYRINTH OF EVIL to free SEXX O'HALLIHAN
    from the clutches of COUNT ZOG..."
  10. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

There's also a Dylan's pub outside of Atlanta, GA in Gwinett county.

My wife and I have noticed there are Paticus and Diana Monkeys.
  11. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Many variations on the surname, going with first name there's Radio Caroline,, Online Caroline ( :shock:), Stockings by Caroline!... the list goes on (based on a quick google search)
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

AAAaaaaaarrrghghhhh!!!!, My name's Crawford and I've been a pack of biscuits all my life!!!!!!

My nickname at school was Cheddars!! :-?
  13. DublinBass

Don't forget your nasty marmout creations...twigletts (I know your sister wouldn't)
  14. HBB

HBB Active Member

15. DublinBass

16. TomG

TomG New Member

Well you can have Lizzie Drums:

I, however have a certain well known tyre company :D [​IMG]
  17. HBB

HBB Active Member

Me being an indoor riding arena, and Caroline being a horse.... :)
  18. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Unsuprisingly not a lot for my name - a few far eastern hits off Google but as I can't read Japanese I'm not sure what they relate to :) .

Although there is a guy who has played guitar on tour for Kylie Minogue called John Hayto...he can't be a relative as he's Austrailian (I think) and "my" version of "Hayto" is very British, despite its eastern sounding-ness.
  19. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Does anyone else remember the BBC radio comedy show "Life with the Lyons" starring Ben Lyons and Bebe Daniels (Ben's wife)? I think they were Canadians living in GB. More one-time famous Lyons for you, Mike.
  20. lister89

lister89 Member

yeah but Stallybrass... so not gonna happen! Lizzie's easy!!!