Things that annoy you!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, May 14, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Right i've got to finish my uni assignments tonight which isn't too much of a problem. However I've left one of my sheets I need at uni so i'm getting someone to scan it and email me...the only problem there is that my mate is being an absolute ******** about it and still hasn't sent me it...i mean it would only take him 5 minutes to do :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  2. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

It's called sabotage!! :eek:
  3. six pints

six pints Active Member

i got annoyed about something today. i was in the corner shop buying stuff, and i walked past a fridge, and in that fridge were white magnums, in all their cool and whiteness glory. so i bought one. it was mad moment, a moment of weakness if you will. but i learnt my lesson. on walking home from the corner should, i began to eat my magnum. oh i was a fool. i bit it, and a big lump of delicious white chocolate fell to the ground. i cursed the gravity. the sound as the chocolate hit the floor was truly the sound of my heart breaking. but i tried to recover, i convinced myself that it would all be ok. so i walked along eating the rest of it. then, in the distance, i noticed a big truck approaching. i tried to run, but it was going too fast. it drove past me, and sprayed dust all over me and my beloved icecream. where the chocolate had fallen off, the dust stuck to the creamy deliciousness in the middle. sigh. my £1.20 was money wasted. in order to recover from this tragic episode, i decided to emabark on some retail therapy. i spent £140, bringing my total since last friday to £600. I get the feeling i'll be getting some angry letters from credit card companys soon. if only i hadnt bought that icecream....

TIMBONE Active Member

'six pints' , that was one hell of a story. Now it is my turn. It really really niggles and makes me go all squirmy when people don't put the extra O on TO. I mean, would you say TOO BE OR NOT TOO BE - no, it doesn't make sense. Neither does it make sense when someone says something like "yes, I like that test piece to" - to what? it is simple, I like that test piece too. It is so simple, 'I am going to get some beer' 'I am going to get some beer too' 'It is to late to get some beer' NO IT ISN'T 'It is too late to get some beer'

:frown: :confused:
  5. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Maybe you should stop writing down conversations and speak to each other.

Things that really annoy me. When you lend someone some notes from a lecture and then instead of just photocopying/writing them down themselves, they take them and then never give them you back. Then you yourself have to actually physically get a new copy or actually go to there house with your hand open to get them back.

TIMBONE Active Member

And another one, though not as much as to and too, is there and their. So, you go to their house. Sorry Nuke, I'm a nice guy really, ask my wife :)
  7. HorniKaz

I hate it when people decide to come into work at 5.25pm on a Saturday to have a browse round when we shut at 5.30pm!! :mad: I mean, what have they been doing all day?!
  8. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Probably been on tMP!

9. Di

Di Active Member

I hate finding empty milk bottles in the fridge! :mad:
  10. HorniKaz

& coffee granules in the sugar! These are both common issues at work!
    In fact, things that annoy me......... anything work related!! :frown:
  11. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I hate it when I get to work and find that someone else has been using my cup or that the cup is missing.

I used to buy nice cups every couple of weeks and they would disappear - obviously couldn't hack it in the staffroom kitchen. (More likely they were stolen by the art department, who I discovered had a whole flock of them which they kept pencils and brushes in!)

After finding this out, I bought the ugliest cup I could find. It's more like a stoneware tankard and decorated in rough glaze. It's serviceable, but that's it - and still they nick it! I think the mistake I made is that it holds a lot, without necessarily being a pint..

Why do people nick my cup? It's mine. I bought it. I try not to use cups that I know belong to other people. (You should see the state some of them I left in) I sometimes wonder what their homes must be like:eek:
  12. HorniKaz

Yep, that's really annoying. Especially when they sit in front of you drinking out of it!:mad:
    & when people throw their mug into the washing up bowl, complete with the dregs of their brew!! Eugh!
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

I don't like when people use a small "i" where they know it's an "I" :mad:
  14. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Probably about to offend everybody on here....

When people write/type 'lol' to stand for 'laugh out loud' when they haven't laughed let alone out loud. Overused far too much if you ask me (which nobody did)...

It's petty I know, but for some reason I find it irritating!
  15. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Lateness...if there is one thing that annoys me more than anything it is people who can't keep to an alloted time!!!
    I reckon you should always be there early but that may just be me.

And another thing, walking it at 2 am this morning after our end of year ball to find my mate had vomited all over our stairs! That really, REALLY annoyed me and as we speak it is still there festering, our house now smells of sick! :mad: (No carrots, just wetherspoons peas :eek: )
  16. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Get one with your name on then maybe they wont nick it.
    My dad must have a million cups at work cos every fathers day at least one of us gets him one...
    The most annoying thing ever is Barney the big purple dinosaur, that always seems to be on tv singing really annoying stupid songs, that I now know all the words to because its on so much :mad:
  17. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Poor old Barney! :(

18. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

You wouldnt be saying that if all you could hear all day was " Barney is a dinosaur from our imagintation" plus many other equally annoying songs. Unfortunately my little sister loves him and if i say hes stupid then she starts crying :dunno
  19. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ok, one thing that annoys me, happens in my school.

there's a girl in my form who is absolutely crazy about power rangers, and anything to do with it. i didnt know her very well throughout years 7 and 8. but in year 9 all the forms in my year were changed (too complicated to go into on here right now) and i ended up in a form with her. she got skitted loads in school and didnt have many friends (about 2). in the past 3 years i got to know her quite well! only with that, i got to hear about power rangers every maths lesson, for the whole lesson. and trust me, when you get her moaning about the school network blocking a site that she downloads episodes from every lesson, it gets highly annoying!!!

oh and yes, she is older than me, she is a 16 year old girl, and can be a very nice person, she is just crazy about a programme for 5year old boys.
  20. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

This is easy... the one and truely thing that annoys me most is when a certain housemate of mine comes back home at about 3.30 in the morning and couldnt be any louder... talks loud on the phone, plays his music, slams doors.... :rolleyes: