These email's make me laugh so much!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Kjata, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Kjata

Kjata Member

Sat, 24 April, 2010 18:09:55augustine.daran@live.frFrom: Augustine Daran <augustine.daran@live.fr>Add to ContactsTo: augustine.daran@live.fr

FROM THE DESK OF AUGUSTINE DARANTHE AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING SECTIONMANAGER IN BANK OF AFRICA, (B.O.A.)OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO.

Dear Friend

I know that this message will come to you as a surprise. I am the Auditing and Accounting section manager in Bank of Africa, Ouagadougou Burkina faso. I Hope that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that I am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families.

I need your urgent assistance in transferring the sum of ($15) Million US Dollars only to your account within 10 or 14 banking days. This money has been dormant for years in our Bank without claim. I want the bank to release the money to you as the nearest person to our deceased customer late: Mr Andrew Eich who died along with his supposed next of kin in an air crash since 31st October 1999.I don't want the money to go into government treasury as an abandoned fund. So this is the reason why I am contacting you so that the bank can release the money to you as the next of kin to the deceased customer.

Please I would like you to keep this proposal top secret as long as the transaction is going on, while you are not intrested delete it in your mail box.Upon receipt of your reply, I will give you full details on how the business will be executed and also note that you will have 30% of the above mentioned sum if you agree to handle this business with me. I am expecting your urgent response as soon posible you recive this mail.

Thanks. Mr. Augustine Daran.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    section manager
    @live.fr
    Andrew Eich
    Augustine Daran
    daran
  3. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

OK, there are many of these going round, all of them aimed at the naive of this world who will reply. Those of us wise to it know it is a ploy to get your personal details, either for direct use and to empty your account, (rare) but mainly to sell on those details, and believe me there is a massive criminal market for your bank details, and not surprisingly your home address and possibly your real name.

I suppose there is a small element of humour in the poor grammar and spelling perhaps, but for the poor sap who gets caught out, it is certainly no laughing matter.

4. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Nigerian 419 scams worded like this have been around so long now I wonder why they bother, but i suppose the fact that they are still around means some poor unfortunate is desperate enough to supply the details.

The golden rule applies - if it looks too good to be true, then it is.

5. still learnin

still learnin Member

You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when I get my share of the $15M any day now!!

6. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Speaking as Andrew Eich's next of kin, I think the money should be forwarded to me straight away :biggrin:

7. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

There's a whole site HERE dedicated to Scam-baiting people like this.

There are those out there who spend their lives winding up the scammers and some of the stories are fantastic. If you've got the time to read all the way through some of them you will be well entertained.

8. Kjata

Kjata Member

I've just had a browse through this and......

GENIUS!!!

This has to be the funniest site i've seen for ages! What a gem!

9. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

My friends, who are on a church webring, recently received a scam email stating that donations were required because christian churches in southeast asia were being destroyed by bhuddist extremists....

Ermm.... bhuddist extremists? Didn't the last one of those sit down in the road and set HIMSELF on fire, very deliberately not harming anyone else?

10. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

There is a dept at Scotland Yard for dealing with these, as many of them actualy originate from european countries. and it is organised crime!

11. still learnin

still learnin Member

So you mean I may not get my $15m and be able to pass some to Duncan because it was his uncle's money? :(

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    section manager
    @live.fr
    Andrew Eich
    Augustine Daran
    daran