There's always one...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by stripybananas, Oct 16, 2004.

1. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

Why is it that within the banding world there are some morons that just insist on going and slagging other people off. What's worse is when they intentionally go onto a bands website and post something in their guestbook slagging off the band or conductor or anything like that! Is there really any need for such behaviour?! If someone really has to say something they should have the face to come out and say it properly and openly not just post anonymously on a website.

I am co-webmaster of the Youth Brass 2000 website, and having recently dealt with such a problem I was just wondering if any other bands experience similar problems and how they have dealt with them? (I also thought it'd make an interesting conversation topic!)
  2. Di

Di Active Member

That is a terrible thing to do. There really is no need and no excuse! :mad:
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

PM The Music Man and ask him about the facility to review entries before they actually posted to the site.

This facility is also available on Geocities sites (but I personally wouldn't recommend a Geocities site for a band. My opinion - YVMV)
  4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

The guest book on Old Hall's Site is 'moderated'. All posts come to me first before they appear. If someone is being nasty their message doesn't get posted. EOS
  5. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

Yea thats what I've resorted to now - its just alot of extra effort. A real shame you can't trust people just to post maturely!
  6. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

It's tragic that some people have to take the fact that we're spread over several bands as something to divide us, when really it should be what unites us!

We are all Bandsmen and bandswomen aren't we? We can all go for a pint or three together after a contest can't we?

You have my sympathies. It's a sorry state of affairs.
  7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Won't bother to guess where the person may have come from...

It's sad that some people take this hobby of ours in such bad spirit. Maybe they need to take a look at themselves...
  8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Sadly some do just that, and heckle at contests...some people just like to spoil everything for others. I hope your little problem falls down a drain somewhere...