Theres a new brass band quartet is in town

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by jd, Apr 13, 2005.

1. jd

jd Member

A new brass quartet has been formed.

It consists of the following boys:

John Doyle (Black Dyke) Cornet/Trumpet/Flugel/Picc Trumpet
    Ben Rapp (Black Dyke) Cornet/Trumpet/Flugel
    Martin Armstrong (Fodens) Tenor Horn/nose flute
    John French (Black Dyke) / Rob Richardson (ex-Black Dyke) Euphonium/Baritone/Trombone

John and Rob will be sharing the role as euphonium/baritone/trombone and van driver.

Just wondering if i can have some comments on the matter. Should be a really cool new venture as there are very few, if not any brass quartets around, especially based in the North.

Already secured 2 gigs in the North West with 5 more to be confirmed (and the idea was only discussed 2 weeks ago). and
    are under construction (by no other than Pete Meachin himself who has promised to write a new piece for us).

The boys are really excited and i really think this can go somewhere. No gimics. Just good music and a good laugh.

See what you think and send us an email to

Thanks for reading this post.

John Doyle
  2. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Ooh, sounds exciting! Well done JD.

See ya,

3. jd

jd Member

4. jd

jd Member

5. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Are you sure?

I wouldn't like to rely on your technical expertise for anything jd.

Stick to Leyland Parish mate.......... you know it's where you belong.
    And remember.... ALWAYS check the bed
  6. supersop_1

supersop_1 Account Suspended

Your going to need to find a lot of deps for martin arnt you?.hes always abroad!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. HBB

HBB Active Member

8. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Sounds good JD - good luck!

Rach x
  9. jd

jd Member

Cattanach you dog. Just because we are gonna nick all your xmas jobs off you in Chorley.

Boring Intrada.

Viva le'Quattro

Sleep easy Cattanach.

p.s say hi to Alison
  10. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

If this really takes off, you guys will have to come on tour to the States!!!

11. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Excellent news JD, although I do hope this project won't further delay the release of Martin's long awaited nose flute solo CD!
  12. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Well Doyle, that wasn't very nice was it? I'll be setting Creer on you.

Hope it's a roaring success anyway, I'll pass the work your way now we're redundant ;-)
  13. supersop_1

supersop_1 Account Suspended

Does martin play nose flute and doghorn at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
  14. skweeky

skweeky Member

so this is what you were talking about.. this quartet quazzimodo stuff? well you know what they say about flugel players... if you cant play it, play trumpet ;-)
  15. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

haha nice one Pez!!!! lil bit of nastiness with you and Andy there John, not very nice! Anyway..... Quartet thing sounds really good.

Best o Luck with it.
  16. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Good luck with the quartet John, sounds great. Mind you keep coming to Woodlands though! That's if Dave and Andy don't get you kicked out!;) Just mind you dont nick their xmas gig at Alston Hall, I enjoyed that!
  17. UncleStreaky

UncleStreaky Member