There are only .... days til Xmas!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

I thought i'd be the annoying boc that got this off to a start

Only 48 days till Xmas.....i think, not surprised if i've counted wrong.

I haven't heard from Santa but I can inform you that Frosty is alive and well and currently attending John Harper's band history lectures (as well as many others) at Salford uni! :woo
  2. six pints

six pints Active Member

we started counting down in summer at work, form 102 days. Im so sad.
  3. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Good to know that the legacy of fictional students lives on in the 1st year..... Other's include Bob the Builder :-?, the ubiquitous I. P. Freely and Seymour Butts (among many others in this bracket) aswell as the tasteless addition of one Harold Shipman :shock:... I know, I know.... not very PC at all is it? :-?
  4. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Yeah neither are some of the jokes that can come out but i'll not post because i know it'll get modded! :-(
  5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

we're having christmas on november 25th at uni, since we'll be gone after the first weekend in december, and we need another excuse for a massive **** up (with tinsel)

TIMBONE Active Member

Yes, so don't forget that you still have time to order one or two new Christmas pieces from or . If you order "Cowboy Carol" and/or "Xmas Ditty" (details on websites) you will also get "Fanfare for Christmas" thrown in as well!
  7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle Member

There's been christmas decorations up in the shopping centre since 1st November! What's going on?!!!!

:ranting2: :confused: :oops:
  8. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Wow, is Christmas really that close? I'd better persuade our conductor to get out the Christmas music soon!! :D
  9. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

That's quite late really.... I saw some christmasy things been put in the shops in about September time.... decorations went up in town in October....

10. Naomi McFadyen

That'll be us in Adelphi Band in uni.... we have our first concert on Wednesday and then the Christmas music will probably come out next week ready for our Christmas concert... I'm still wondering what I'll get to conduct...
  11. HBB

HBB Active Member

There's only 20 days til christmas :)
  12. Naomi McFadyen

Crumbs.. This year has *flown* by :( that means my time up in the NW will be over in no time too :(
  13. six pints

six pints Active Member

woohoo!!! i hope the sea is warm!!
  14. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

EH? :confused: Warm in the north sea?!?! Its never warm, the day we have a warm sea is the when this happens ------->:pig

Edit: that woz meant to be a flying pig!
  15. six pints

six pints Active Member

if its above three itll be warm. and theres the promise of baileys and hot choc after!
  16. Pookiyama

Pookiyama Member

19 days until Christmas...

...and 20 days until DF Winter Wonderland (yay!)
  17. six pints

six pints Active Member

6 days till xmas (well, my durham unofficial xmas!!)
  18. The title of this thread is buggin me rotten.... can it be renamed, "There *are* only.... days till xmas?"

Helen - (not a perfectionist in grammar, remotely, at all !!)

:) x
  19. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Until we get to '1', of course.... :) :p
  20. six pints

six pints Active Member

should it not be there is?