welcomes four new Moderators ...

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Mar 8, 2003.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Well, thanks to all of your contributions and continuous ongoing support here on we have grown tremendously during these past few months and I continue to be overwhelmed by your enthusiasm and commitment to our site. has grown so much during these last few months that I am unable to keep up with the rate of postings and submission of new threads & topics. I am very grateful to have therefore accepted the generous offers from several of our senior members to accept the role as Moderators.

Please offer your support and extend a huge welcome to our new Moderators who are...

• Roger Thorne - Roger
      Fishsta - Ian
      Sparkling Quavers - Rachel
      Keppler - Neal
    Please contact Roger, Ian, Neal or Rachel (or indeed myself) with any queries you might have regarding posts or threads on - we are all here to help.

The role of Moderator is usually a very interesting and stimulating responsibility, but sometimes it can also be quite difficult and frustrating. Please help me to help you by co-operating as much as possible with the Moderators when asked to do so. Please don't forget that all Moderators are volunteers and have agreed to undertake these significant additional responsibilities in their own time.

I am sure you will all join me in offering support to Roger, Rachel, Ian and Neal. :D

2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

welcome all to your new posts, I am sure that you will all be kept busy!
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Hope you don't take this new found responsability to your head! :p:p:p
  4. TheMusicMan

I'm sure the gang will do a super job making sure threads stay on topic and on subject... :wink:

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'm sorry John, I was only joking.

The 4 people that have been promoted are probably the best bunch of people you could have possible promoted - they're funny kind, considerate - and they're not afraid to bump up their phone-bill!

Good Luck -and happy editing.deleting and moving!!!

6. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

:twisted: at last! Unlimited Power is mine! Tremble and Despair!
    mwaa haa haa haa haa

oops, did I say that out loud? ;)

Seriously, just like to reassure the community that we're as committed to as any, and that we'll do our best to work with the community to the benefit of tMP and hopefully, us all..

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

Are you sure that this is a good idea?! :p:p
  8. groovy

groovy Active Member

Well done guys, making it to the honourable position of Moderator... I'm sure your new job will keep you busy if anything. :wink:
  9. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Congratulations to the new moderators - let's all support them as they try to make sense of our insane ramblings!

Rach x
  10. HBB

HBB Active Member

I hope so Rach!!

I can even understand some of my own :):):):D:D:D
  11. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Enjoy Guys. If the site keeps growing like it has you will have your work cut out.
  12. HBB

HBB Active Member

At the moment - there is almost 100 people to 1 moderator - now does that make you feel special!! :p
  13. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

well i am 'special' LOL.
    My new-founded job is gonna keep me busy :shock: any comments/suggestions get them posted!
  14. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

OH NO!!

Rachel has power.

:lol: :wink:
  15. dyl

dyl Active Member

Congratulations guys........and gal!
  16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Best wishes to all our new moderators. Having turned on the computer yesterday morning to find 320 new posts, they are obviously going to have their work cut out. Let's all give them every assistance to maintain such a useful and friendly forum, with the right mix of fun and serious discussions.
  17. twigglet

twigglet Member

Slighlty disturbed that these people have the power to change all of our comments!! But I'm sure they will do excellently and keep the mouthpiece neat and tidy.

Well done Rog, Rachel, Neal and Ian

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  18. TheMusicMan

HI twigglet

Not sure if that is actual concern or if you're just joking :? (difficult to determine body language when online eh) but I thought I's post this just to reassure you.

I have asked the Moderators not to simply edit posts, but when they need to intervene for whatever reason that they put something like "EDIT: bla bla bla" within the post and/or add their own reply to the thread explaining whay they are doing what they have done... and of course, I trust them 100% to do the right thing. :D

Hope that makes sense...

19. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

absol-flippin-lutely, right John! :wink:
  20. HBB

HBB Active Member

Judging by the fact that she's a tree - I don't think that she's that serious!!

and talking of Ian ------- haven't heard much of Him lately eh!!

Bet he replys straigt away now :p

Ben ;)