Improvements & suggestions ...

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Nov 18, 2002.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Try the 'Clean' or 'tMP Main' styles... they are much less graphic intensive than the default tMP303 which I will be moving away from as the default selected style soon.

Let me know if this improves things for you Scotty...

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Hmmmmm., I'm not allowed to use an animated GIF as an avatar any longer! Anything wrong or changed that we should know?

"You may not upload animated images."
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

That's news to me BN - we'll check the settings (sounds like a new setting in the new version of the forum software).

Must say I quite like the idea of having no animated avatars............................but that's just me! ;)
  4. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

I agree :icon_confused:
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I dare you to change yours ... :icon_wink:
  6. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

I wanted to change it to one of these;

[​IMG] [​IMG]

But it wouldnt let me...

EDIT: Inappropriate image removed, PB Mod
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2006
  7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... I'll maybe have to compromise by including this ...

:pig :pig :pig
  8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Sorry to spoil your fun guys, but topic please.
  9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:pig :pig :pig - we were waiting on you getting an answer for us!
  10. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

i have been struggling to log in lately, i can't do it on the home page i have to go into a thread an reply, at which point it asks me to log on.

don't know whther this is in the right place but i'm a bit stuck cos can't get into much on the site
  11. Di

Di Active Member

To quote John, Laura:

Hope this helps. :)
  12. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

thanks, but the tick box has it's tick all the time, it remebers my password when i write in my name but it's then when it all goes wrong
  13. Di

Di Active Member

Are you doing it via the "forums" page rather than the "home" page?
  14. dyl

dyl Active Member

Can you try it now please?
  15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- yey! pigs can fly again! :icon_smile:
  16. dyl

dyl Active Member

Nice one. Ta for checking it for me.
  17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- thanks for getting the configuration altered!
  18. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

Had a idea that might be useful and potentially an income generator for tMP. It's not a fully developed idea yet......... so feel free to let me know why it wouldn't be practical ;)

In the same way that there are separate forums set up for people involved in tMP events (eg Hadleigh) where only those people involved have access to the forum, could something be set up for individual bands. You may need to have a contact at each band to approve entry and possibly a mod could be appointed from the band if you didn't want to overload the super mods any further (that bit probably needs a bit more thinking about.....)

The benefit to the band would be that they don't need to set up their own forum and tMP has much more functionality and is more user friendly than the run of the mill free forums. They could use it for notices and keeping the band updated as well as more fun subjects specific to the band (and you may get rid of some of the in-band banter that no-one else understands on the other forums :rolleyes: ). Also ex-members or friends of the band could be allowed to join if the band is happy with that.

Benefit to tMP - well, you could charge a small monthly fee - alternatively, as each band member would need to be a tMP member to get to their band's forum, I would think there would be a nice increase in membership and potiental advertisers/supporters/or even just clickers on the ads !

What do you think ?
  19. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Elspeth,

This is a great idea and believe it or not is something we have done previously on tMP. We have had several hidden forum areas that only certain bands or individuals can access.

if any bands wants to have something like this on tMP - your own private area that only you and those individuals whom you decide - can see, then please feel free to contact me with requirements. You can also have your own look too - doesn't have to be the tMP style - it can be any style even your bands one!!!

Your own band forum on tMP eh... sounds great yeah :)

Contact me for details...
  20. steve_r

steve_r Member

I just registered and the quick regsister failed in both firefox AND IE and threw me to a blank page (register.php I think) which just hung :-(

Obviously the old way is OK