theMouthPiece.com Improvements & suggestions ...

Discussion in ''How to...' on tMP - suggestions and how to.' started by TheMusicMan, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

another thing...
    in the msn brass forum.. (the one between delphi and this!)
    people were only admitted to the forum if they supplied their band, contact details and real name.. maybe something along these lines would cut down on malicious and mischevious threads?

2. SBB

SBB Member

wheres the MSN Brass website??? Room thingy?

thanks

3. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

its not used anymore.

4. MoominDave

MoominDave Active Member

Essentially because it's fantastically clunky and slow compared to this site. Also, you have to give your email address to MSN, who invariably fail to protect it from spammers, ultimately resulting in the 100+ usually obscene spam emails a day my old home email account used to receive.

Stick with tMP, I would, Ben... No sense in fragmenting the online community!

Dave

5. jonford

jonford Member

I don't think you can even access the old msn forum.

I don't know how this would work but i've seen a few forums now with a picture gallery where users can add their own pictures and others can rate them and add comments. I know you can already add pictures into a message but I think this would be much more interesting if you could add galleries of a certain event, tour, concert. I imagine this may be difficult to moderate though as well because there are always people who would spoil it by putting unsuitable pictures up! I know msn had a gallery which was interesting but wasn't very good because you could only post so many pictures before you had to purchase extra space!

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Jon, I do have plans to integrate a gallery feature into tMP. It will be a fairly large job, but it is on the radar.

John

7. rambo87

rambo87 New Member

hi dunno if this is the right place to ask this but how do you change your member profile thing? new to this site-recommended my cousin and uncle!

alex ramsay

8. TheMusicMan

Hi Alex,

Welcome to tMP, good to have you here.

There is a section on the how-to's on the new look tMP that you will find here... you may find some useful posts in there as to how to achieve certain things using the tMP application.

To change your profile you simply need to click on the User CP link at the top of any tMP page. That will take you to your profile wher eyou can change a multitude os personal settings.

Let us know if you still have trouble.

John

9. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Would it be possible to indicate when a thread was started?

Then we can tell if it is really old thread being resurrected, or someone with new thoughts on an old topic.

Many thanks for all your good work.

Janet

10. TheMusicMan

Hi Janet

When you do your search of 'New POsts' using one of teh pre-built searches I have provided in the links Bar - check the column titled "Replies". If the number is there is zero, or close to zero, then you can safely assume that this is a new thread that you might not have seen before. However, for any individual (who may not have seen the thread at all), there may be many replies to that specific thread between now and their last visit... so caution if you are going to use this method.

11. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

Hi

Is it possible to have the next thread/last thread links at the top of the page as well as at the bottom for ease of navigation.

Thanks

Elspeth

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2004
  12. TheMusicMan

Consider it done....:) How's that for service then eh?

13. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

Blimey that was quick - or did I just miss it before ?:p

Thanks

14. TheMusicMan

Nope you didn't miss it before... I was quick... ;)

15. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I use tMP sometimes at work in my lunch break (eg just now...). The "Remember Me" box is always ticked by default when I go to log in, so I have to untick it every time I log in. Is it possible to change that to be unticked by default? After all, if someone wants to be automatically logged in every time they visit, they would only have to tick that once ;).

Ta!

16. cornet.kid

cornet.kid Member

logout not working...

the website (and its not just my computer at home - others doing it to me too) will not allow me to logout - this means scanning all the way through my computer files and removing the cookie for Tmp - this makes my computer forget that i ever visited tmp and who i am and my password - then have to open the site again - rather annoying.

would it be possible to fix this?

(btw i hope this is in the right place as i dont know where else to put it)

17. madrich

madrich Member

RSS Feed

If possible, I know this is a little geeky, an RSS feed would me nice. Most other forums on the web have them now :)

18. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

How about a separate sports section, as most people would guess I am a bit sprot crazy and generally post in Random Chat and Off Topic, hopefully this would promote the discussion of sports and stop people without any interest having to view it? Just an idea?

Or, on a football forum I go on HERE they have a chatroom (see top of index), thats quite good. This would give tMP a more personal touch.

19. Scotty

Scotty Member

I think TMP is a good service, but sometimes im put of logging in because (particularly at home) it is very slow to load up, not so much at uni because its a really fast server!

Just wondering if theres a way to make it a bit faster?

20. TheMusicMan

Try this in your news reader...

http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/external.php

Let me know if you like it.

I will also soon be releasing some code that will allow users to post the last 'n' (up to 15) posts from tMP on their own site. More soon...