Theft from the Open

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Rob, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Rob

Rob Member

I have had a black rucksack stolen (I think) from the bar in Symphony Hall this evening. If anyone at the Open has picked up a black rucksack by mistake from the area of the bar nearest to the entrance please contact me on 07738114968.

Many thanks,

Rob

2. Columbo

Columbo Member

Good Luck in your search. I, like most people would like to think its a mistake. Perhaps I'm being naive, but I'd hate to think we had thieves in our movement. Please help our friend here out if you have any info. Well done also on a commendable result.

3. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Result? Rob! I thought you were just helping out the occasional Southern outfit while your in London? Did you play yesterday? Text when your up here.

4. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

The reality is we do I'm afraid. We had a Euph stolen from a contest which despite being traced, was never returned because the thief removed the serial no. He was a well known local player and probably still has the Euph today.

5. Rob

Rob Member

Thanks for the messages - happy to say that my bag was actually taken from the bar by mistake yesterday evening! Many thanks to Alan Hodgkinson (a gent and a scholar) for finding it - much appreciated mate. However, I do know of several thefts and attempted thefts that have happened at the Open over the years, and was rather astounded to find out yesterday that the bar/catering areas do not have any kind of CCTV coverage - surely a bit silly for such a crowded and often used area of the hall??

Donna - I forgot to change by details on the profile thingy - was just up for a listen (and possibly a few drinks as well :D), haven't been at Grimey since I moved to London! Hope you're well.

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Rob, you are lucky ... the bag might have been classified as a terrorist threat! :eek:

7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

the contents of it probably were, Rob is a dark one.

8. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

I knew that! I was just laughing at Jason for not knowing his beans or his players!

9. Columbo

Columbo Member

God, you must be bored! I was merely sympathising with the guy. Thats what nice and decent people do. I don't have to know the guy for that! The people I do know, I know for the right reasons, not because I constantly feel the need to mix it up on here. There! It took a while but you got your much needed reaction. Last Word. Anyway, must go, I've got a jelly setting in the fridge!

Glad you got sorted Rob.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  10. Ali

Ali Member

Cheers fir the kind words Rob! Im just sorry that you didnt get it back earlier on in the evening!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Open
    Symphony Hall
    Rob
    bar nearest
    black rucksack stolen